0L Gunner Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
paulinaporizkova

Re: 0L Gunner Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:47 pm

bk1 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Legal Baller wrote:Fuckin A. I agree with that. I will not be one of those queers who guns in class.

Everyone knows it's only the gays who gun.

well we don't get the marriage tax benefits so we have to try to make up that income loss somehow

lawyerkobe

Postby lawyerkobe » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Legal Baller wrote:Fuckin A. I agree with that. I will not be one of those queers who guns in class.

Everyone knows it's only the gays who gun.

well we don't get the marriage tax benefits so we have to try to make up that income loss somehow

You can do that by getting married in a gay marriage state, and then avoiding the marriage penalty. This really works, since the IRS will allow you to file separately, which will save you taxes if you are both making money. (Which you should be, since we don't believe in gender roles.)

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 pm

this isnt 1894. leave the homophobia at the door.

Legal Baller

Postby Legal Baller » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 am

Ah, I apologize to all. I didn't mean to offend anyone and my choice of words was immature to say the least.

Legal Baller

Postby Legal Baller » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:05 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
Legal Baller wrote:
northwood wrote:the thing about gunners is- obvious and blatent ones get shot down throughout the semester. Successful gunning is like sniping- you dont want your prey/ target to know whats coming until its too late ( if at ever)

Fuckin A. I agree with that. I will not be one of those queers who guns in class.

wow you're just a winner aren't you. with all your life-gunning it's almost like you could've broken 170 on the LSAT, but you didn't even get close, so that's weird

I contemplated a retake forever, but I decided the situation I'm in now is good enough to stick with. Needless to say, I agree, I definitely should have studied more. And, you're wrong, I really haven't been a life gunner; however, given the current state of the legal market, I don't think a little pre-1L gunning can hurt.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 am

chimp wrote:

:lol: I laughed out loud as I was reading this list.

Great list. I particularly like rule #102.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am

Legal Baller wrote:Ah, I apologize to all. I didn't mean to offend anyone and my choice of words was immature to say the least.

Respect.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 am

Legal Baller wrote:Ah, I apologize to all. I didn't mean to offend anyone and my choice of words was immature to say the least.

...You mean you're not gonna try to hastily defend yourself while derailing the entire thread into bickering and name-calling?

Huh. TLS is going downhill.

Legal Baller

Postby Legal Baller » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am

beachbum wrote:

...You mean you're not gonna try to hastily defend yourself while derailing the entire thread into bickering and name-calling?

Huh. TLS is going downhill.

Lol, I won't contaminate the forums with any more of that.

Anyways, back on topic. I hung out with a lawyer this weekend while I was visiting family in New York. She gave me her info and told me to make sure to get in touch with her periodically. She's pretty high up in a huge law firm and she explained that hooking up a 1L summer internship could be a possibility. Little did she know, the entire time I was just gunning. Zing!

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 am

Did somebody bash the gays in here?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 am

TheFactor wrote:Did somebody bash the gays in here?

I did

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:09 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:

I did

You're silly. :wink:

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:12 am

TheFactor wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

I did

You're silly. :wink:

silliness is a natural byproduct of homosexuality. teeheeee :mrgreen:

cheeseburger

Postby cheeseburger » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Legal Baller wrote:
northwood wrote:the thing about gunners is- obvious and blatent ones get shot down throughout the semester. Successful gunning is like sniping- you dont want your prey/ target to know whats coming until its too late ( if at ever)

Fuckin A. I agree with that. I will not be one of those queers who guns in class.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”