0L Gunner Thread Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Legal Baller

New

0L Gunner Thread

Post by Legal Baller » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Didn't see one of these posted yet, so I thought I'd start one.

So far this summer I have read and outlined Getting to Maybe, Learning Legal Reasoning, How to do your Best on Law School Exams, Planet Law School II, and a torts e&e. I am currently working through the LEEW's test taking program and outlining a criminal law e&e. I'll also be reading and outlining e&e's for property, civpro, conlaw, and contracts.

I've also managed to hold down a full time job and have a fun summer.

What have you been doing this summer to prep for the 1L year?

backtothebeat

New

Re: 0L Gunner Thread

Post by backtothebeat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm

lol

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

I've been fapping.

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Legal Baller wrote:What have you been doing this summer to prep for the 1L year?
TLS and self-loathing.

justhockey31

Bronze

Post by justhockey31 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Where are you going to school so that I can avoid that one lol...umm my 0L summer has been working a meaningless part time job and reading for fun though I do plan on reading GTM in August before school so I guess I will be gunning like whoa

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

OP: What school will you attend?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Flame. And if not, below median fodder.

Autoaccept

New

Post by Autoaccept » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Bumming around DC having a good time. I did buy Getting to Maybe, if that counts. It sits- unread- on my bedside table.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm

bk187 wrote:I've been fapping.
<3

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 pm

bk187 wrote:I've been fapping.
You must derive great pleasure from TLS :D :D :D

Seriously, at least someone is having fun.

Gunt

New

Post by Gunt » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Read PLS & LS Confidential. Currently finishing up Torts E & E, halfway through Property E & E.

Saving GTM until August, doing LEEWS on a weekend this fall, and hopefully finishing the remaining E & E's before school starts.

Have had plenty of time to work, surf, fish, and get into shape!

Legal Baller

New

Post by Legal Baller » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Gunt wrote:Read PLS & LS Confidential. Currently finishing up Torts E & E, halfway through Property E & E.

Saving GTM until August, doing LEEWS on a weekend this fall, and hopefully finishing the remaining E & E's before school starts.

Have had plenty of time to work, surf, fish, and get into shape!
Good stuff. I've also managed to have an enjoyable summer while doing all of this prep and working. How was LS Confidential? I opted out of reading that one.

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Let's just say I didn't know what an E and E was, or what a case looked like, or what a course outline was before I started 1L.
And you'd be quite happy with my result.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

OP: Here is how you prep for law school

Step 1:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 2:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 3:

Repeat

I'm a rising 2L and did quite well my first year. It's your last summer of freedom, why do something law related when you're going to be at it for the rest of your life starting in August?

theLawbringer

New

Post by theLawbringer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

The most effective things to do to prepare yourself for law school are 1) work out 2) catch up on sleep 3) read some books you've wanted to read for a while 4) find a SO who will cook and listen to you ramble on about law school.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:27 pm

Lol I remember the type, thinking that they were so beyond smart by coming in with all the supplements memorized and outlined. How disappointing it was to them when they realized that it didn't help them. I almost felt bad.

Legal Baller

New

Post by Legal Baller » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:28 pm

lawgod wrote:Let's just say I didn't know what an E and E was, or what a case looked like, or what a course outline was before I started 1L.
I don't think I'd be comfortable showing up to law school like that. But, to each his own, right? I've seen mixed reviews around these forums on whether 0L prep works or not. Since I have time to do it, why not? I really won't be too disappointed if I get to law school and figure out that a lot of it was pointless.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Legal Baller

New

Post by Legal Baller » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm

thwalls wrote:OP: Here is how you prep for law school

Step 1:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 2:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 3:

Repeat

I'm a rising 2L and did quite well my first year. It's your last summer of freedom, why do something law related when you're going to be at it for the rest of your life starting in August?
I partied my ass off for the past four years as an undergrad, so buckling down is sort of a relief. I have been really nervous about 1L year and doing this prep has given me a little confidence; I think it's worth it for that alone, even if it is an utterly unwarranted confidence. Moreover, I've been having a great time this summer.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 pm

kaiser wrote:Lol I remember the type, thinking that they were so beyond smart by coming in with all the supplements memorized and outlined. How disappointing it was to them when they realized that it didn't help them. I almost felt bad.
theLawbringer wrote:The most effective things to do to prepare yourself for law school are 1) work out 2) catch up on sleep 3) read some books you've wanted to read for a while 4) find a SO who will cook and listen to you ramble on about law school.

Step 1:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 2:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 3:

Repeat

I'm not saying you guys aren't raising pertinent points. But you're raising them in a thread that's literally called "gunner thread." Just sayin'

reepS

New

Post by reepS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Step 1:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 2:

--ImageRemoved--

Step 3:

Repeat

Glad to know ive been spending my summer the right way!

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Legal Baller wrote:
lawgod wrote:Let's just say I didn't know what an E and E was, or what a case looked like, or what a course outline was before I started 1L.
I don't think I'd be comfortable showing up to law school like that. But, to each his own, right? I've seen mixed reviews around these forums on whether 0L prep works or not. Since I have time to do it, why not? I really won't be too disappointed if I get to law school and figure out that a lot of it was pointless.
As long as you understand that it is a largely pointless endeavor, then have at it. You will likely do more harm than good.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I've been playing xbox mostly, but I do sometimes yell out "may it please the court!" mid-coitus so I think I'm prepared enough.

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:I've been playing xbox mostly, but I do sometimes yell out "may it please the court!" mid-coitus so I think I'm prepared enough.
Well played sir. Well played.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Legal Baller wrote:
You must really not value your time very much

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Holy shit. I thought I was on top of the game, but that's fucking nuts. I've read through LSC, fixed up my resume, and written a basic cover letter (with hopefully more to come). I've also put together a rough application list for 1L summer firm jobs (~140) and prepared my OCI/professional wardrobe (suits, shirts, shoes, etc). And I started GTM today, for what that's worth.

Otherwise, I've been lounging by the pool and drinking. A lot. Oh, and using Crest Whitestrips. That's been fun.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”