2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
sanetruth
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sanetruth » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:48 pm

chem wrote:
blehGPAgoodLSAT wrote:Has anyone from the Feb 2011 LSAT gotten fee waivers?

170 and I haven't received a single one.



Same here


+1. Am thinking that schools might consider Feb test takers to be part of the previous cycle...?

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby kulshan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:47 pm

sanetruth wrote:
chem wrote:
blehGPAgoodLSAT wrote:Has anyone from the Feb 2011 LSAT gotten fee waivers?

170 and I haven't received a single one.



Same here


+1. Am thinking that schools might consider Feb test takers to be part of the previous cycle...?


Me too. If I haven't received the ones I want by Sept. 1 I'm going to email the schools and request one. All things considered, better not to be inundated by emails from Cooley et al!

blehGPAgoodLSAT
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby blehGPAgoodLSAT » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:38 pm

kulshan wrote:
sanetruth wrote:
chem wrote:
blehGPAgoodLSAT wrote:Has anyone from the Feb 2011 LSAT gotten fee waivers?

170 and I haven't received a single one.



Same here


+1. Am thinking that schools might consider Feb test takers to be part of the previous cycle...?


Me too. If I haven't received the ones I want by Sept. 1 I'm going to email the schools and request one. All things considered, better not to be inundated by emails from Cooley et al!


Yea, definitely hold off on emailing.

I'm impatient so I emailed a couple schools that gave fee waivers to my numbers in previous cycles and every response so far has either been "email us again later" or no response at all (Georgetown/Northwestern).

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby chem » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:55 am

blehGPAgoodLSAT wrote:
Yea, definitely hold off on emailing.

I'm impatient so I emailed a couple schools that gave fee waivers to my numbers in previous cycles and every response so far has either been "email us again later" or no response at all (Georgetown/Northwestern).


I think TCR is to send emails mid august if you want to apply right out the gate

User avatar
sanetruth
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sanetruth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am

chem wrote:
I think TCR is to send emails mid august if you want to apply right out the gate


Is this actually a legit plan? Will schools preemptively throw you a fee waiver if you tell them you're trying to apply day 1?

brownpride
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby brownpride » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I emailed as well. Columbia and Duke responded so far, telling me they conduct their fee waivers through CRS searches. They said if I fit the criteria I'll get it through there - didn't mention anything about emailing again.

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby kingjones59 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm

So I was going to wait until my summer class was over to request my transcripts but I do not want to miss out on fee waivers because I don’t have a transcript on file. If I send the info to my school today will lsac have it in enough time for me to be considered for fee waivers? Are they done on a rolling basis, or is there a day when a school sends them all out?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 pm

brownpride wrote:I emailed as well. Columbia and Duke responded so far, telling me they conduct their fee waivers through CRS searches. They said if I fit the criteria I'll get it through there - didn't mention anything about emailing again.


Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll see if I get anything by mid-August... if not, I'll try emailing CCNMVP.

User avatar
boo-boo
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby boo-boo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 pm

University of Richmond sent me one earlier today...

Also, would anyone who received a fee waiver from Minnesota mind sending me your numbers? U of MN is pretty high on my list and I hope I didn't miss anything in my spam.
Thanks!

blehGPAgoodLSAT
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby blehGPAgoodLSAT » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 am

boo-boo wrote:University of Richmond sent me one earlier today...

Also, would anyone who received a fee waiver from Minnesota mind sending me your numbers? U of MN is pretty high on my list and I hope I didn't miss anything in my spam.
Thanks!


170 without official transcript on file. I choose the 3.00-3.49 category but ended up getting a bit higher than that. I took the LSAT in Feb and received a fee waiver a day or so after I got my score. I believe they sent me a few waiver with my first cold 166 Oct '10 LSAT as well--not positive though.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 pm

kingjones59 wrote:So I was going to wait until my summer class was over to request my transcripts but I do not want to miss out on fee waivers because I don’t have a transcript on file. If I send the info to my school today will lsac have it in enough time for me to be considered for fee waivers? Are they done on a rolling basis, or is there a day when a school sends them all out?

you don't need a transcript for fee waivers.

blehGPAgoodLSAT
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby blehGPAgoodLSAT » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Got an email from Iowa yesterday talking about law school forums, thought it would be a good opportunity to ask about fee waivers. They responded with "wait until Sept 1st".

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 am

blehGPAgoodLSAT wrote:Got an email from Iowa yesterday talking about law school forums, thought it would be a good opportunity to ask about fee waivers. They responded with "wait until Sept 1st".

I got this as well, and a mailing from Akron of somewhere. I just switched my intended application year from '11 to '12, so for those who took February or are taking October like me, I think switching your intended app year is important.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby freestallion » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Got emails from Pace and Mercer today. Want t14s :( :(

blehGPAgoodLSAT
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby blehGPAgoodLSAT » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Pace email today too. wooooo.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby citykitty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 pm

I just got one from Minnesota.

This is my first nonTTTT waiver. This makes me happy. I've got about 15 crap waivers, but I was planning on putting an app into MN, so yeah!
Last edited by citykitty on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:20 pm

citykitty wrote:I just got one from Minnesota.


Same here. I want some fee waivers for schools that I will be applying to :(

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby citykitty » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
citykitty wrote:I just got one from Minnesota.


Same here. I want some fee waivers for schools that I will be applying to :(



:? I am not as awesome as you and your sign-holding self. I AM applying to Minnesota. lol

User avatar
boo-boo
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby boo-boo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 pm

citykitty wrote:I just got one from Minnesota.

This is my first nonTTTT waiver. This makes me happy. I've got about 15 crap waivers, but I was planning on putting an app into MN, so yeah!


Ditto! I'll definitely be using this one as well :D

User avatar
donna7
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby donna7 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:35 pm

U. Minnesota, U. Richmond, Mercer

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Ginj » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Minn here, too.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Anyone have any good theories why those of us who tested before June but switched our app year are getting marketing emails (apply here or we're having an FAQ, you should join us) but not getting any actual waivers, not even from Cooley or Richmond? I know conventional wisdom is to wait until mid-August, but I'm just wondering why none of us are being offered them right now, even when our previous scores on file are as good as or better than most June takers receiving them.

User avatar
cmckid
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby cmckid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 am

I just visited 8 law schools on a big tour, and the majority of them said that they might only extend fee waivers to people above both medians, but 7/8 said just request one (if youre above one median) and you'll almost certainly get it.

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby beezy08 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:55 am

I have gotten about 5 from schools I don't plan on applying too. Does anyone have any advice on how to ask for merit based fee waivers? I would like to ask my safety schools, but would it be appropriate to ask my on target schools as well?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Dany » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:04 am

beezy08 wrote:I have gotten about 5 from schools I don't plan on applying too. Does anyone have any advice on how to ask for merit based fee waivers? I would like to ask my safety schools, but would it be appropriate to ask my on target schools as well?

You just email the school. Ask every school you don't get one from through CRS. At worst they simply say no; at best you save $50-$100. A short email with your info will suffice. However I would not request them this early. Wait until a school has sent out CRS waivers and if you don't get one, ask then.

The Applicant FAQ Thread wrote: Hello,

I am really interested in applying to XXX Law School and am writing to ask if could be considered for a merit-based fee waiver. My LSAT is 1XX, GPA is X.XX, and my LSAC # is #######.

Thanks,
Eager Applicant




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 11 guests