2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:16 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:Vandy! So excited, I freaking love this school!

+1 will be heading to Nashville to interview so the fee waiver was a nice surprise.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:26 am

Anyone get a response from IU-B yet?

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby chem » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am

Hopefully2012 wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Vandy! So excited, I freaking love this school!

+1 will be heading to Nashville to interview so the fee waiver was a nice surprise.


And OSU for me

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby soj » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

Solicited Michigan waiver :mrgreen:

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby so_fetch » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 am

UGA (postcard yesterday)
Ohio State (email today)
Vanderbilt (email today)

Englander742
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:22 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Englander742 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Vandy and OSU by e-mail!

I received IU-B (solicited) a couple days ago.

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby pdftlvson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Vandy. I emailed IU-B over a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Same for WUSTL (I was even told when I visited that I would receive a waiver if I emailed them in September).

OSU today as well
Last edited by pdftlvson on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Also got Vandy and OSU fee waivers by e-mail today. And I got an e-mail from Florida talking about Gainesville without a fee waiver.

The more I look at Vandy, the more I like it. :D

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:26 pm

pdftlvson wrote:Vandy. I emailed IU-B over a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Same for WUSTL (I was even told when I visited that I would receive a waiver if I emailed them in September).


I emailed WUSTL like a month ago and I never heard back from them.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby chem » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
pdftlvson wrote:Vandy. I emailed IU-B over a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Same for WUSTL (I was even told when I visited that I would receive a waiver if I emailed them in September).


I emailed WUSTL like a month ago and I never heard back from them.


+1

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Vandy today by email. I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:19 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:Vandy today by email. I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.


Did they specifically tell you no to the merit or just a: "we hand them out through CRS" kind of thing?

Not that I'm applying to chicago, but I'm curious if schools actually explicitly say no.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby soj » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:19 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.

lolchicago

i know you shouldn't take that as a bad sign, but damn, this is very typical of chicago

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:24 pm

minnbills wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:Vandy today by email. I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.

Did they specifically tell you no to the merit or just a: "we hand them out through CRS" kind of thing?

Not that I'm applying to chicago, but I'm curious if schools actually explicitly say no.

It doesn't explicitly say "no" - it just lists the conditions under which they will grant a fee waiver. My email made it clear that I don't meet those conditions, though, so I take the "no" to be implied.

kaveman
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby kaveman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
minnbills wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:Vandy today by email. I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.

Did they specifically tell you no to the merit or just a: "we hand them out through CRS" kind of thing?

Not that I'm applying to chicago, but I'm curious if schools actually explicitly say no.

It doesn't explicitly say "no" - it just lists the conditions under which they will grant a fee waiver. My email made it clear that I don't meet those conditions, though, so I take the "no" to be implied.


Mind filling us in on what those conditions were?

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:40 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
minnbills wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:Vandy today by email. I emailed Chicago for a fee waiver yesterday and got a form-email rejection this morning.

Did they specifically tell you no to the merit or just a: "we hand them out through CRS" kind of thing?

Not that I'm applying to chicago, but I'm curious if schools actually explicitly say no.

It doesn't explicitly say "no" - it just lists the conditions under which they will grant a fee waiver. My email made it clear that I don't meet those conditions, though, so I take the "no" to be implied.


I see, I've gotten one of three things: 1) we only hand out need-based waivers 2) here's how you can apply for a need-based waiver (no mention if they do merit or not or 3) if you get a fee waiver in the mail then you have a fee waiver.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:45 pm

kaveman wrote:Mind filling us in on what those conditions were?


The usual stuff. They will give you a fee waiver if: (1) LSAC has waived your fees; (2) you did / are doing TFA; (3) you did / are doing military service; (4) you are currently a student at Chicago; or (5) they find you through a CRS search.

User avatar
donna7
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby donna7 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Vandy! So excited, I freaking love this school!

+1

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby amc987 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:26 pm

I didn't get a waiver from Duke (PT or otherwise). I'm planning on applying anyway, so I emailed their admissions office to request one. The admissions office put me in touch with the person in charge of minority recruitment who said that Duke usually asks people to tell the admissions office what is motivating them to apply to Duke in order to receive the waiver. So, basically, I have to write a mini why Duke essay to get my application fee waived. Ugh.

Has anyone else had this experience/ complied with their request? I feel like I'm obligated to respond with something...

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:08 am

solicited a waiver from Michigan, and emailed BC and they replied that someone from their office would be in contact with me very shortly

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 pm

confusedlaw wrote:solicited a waiver from Michigan, and emailed BC and they replied that someone from their office would be in contact with me very shortly


did you apply for a need-based waiver at BC? They told me they don't give merit waivers

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:50 am

they really didnt answer anything they just told me somebody was going to be in touch with me very shortly, im above both 75ths so im hoping i get a waiver

i was told by gw they only give need based and merit for members of special programs like tfa and americorps, but i dont know about that

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

confusedlaw wrote:they really didnt answer anything they just told me somebody was going to be in touch with me very shortly, im above both 75ths so im hoping i get a waiver

i was told by gw they only give need based and merit for members of special programs like tfa and americorps, but i dont know about that


Kk, maybe it was just an "out of office" thing but if they do give you a merit waiver I'd appreciate it if you could let me know

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 am

no problem once i receive a response i will pm you

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Got one from Oklahoma, and emails from Pepperdine and South Texas College of Law.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: smieclux, theothercat, tx1990 and 8 guests