2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Just got a snail mail from Cornell, no fee waiver in the package, but said my name was got from CRS and and they are encouraging me based on my numbers to apply, as well as a viewbook with a lot of information about biglaw placement and public interest.

aortiz6290
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby aortiz6290 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:28 pm

I got snail mail from Cornell also. My packet was entirely focused on diversity at Cornell (I'm a PR female) and my letter offered a fee waiver.

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iphone7 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Would you both mind giving numbers?

aortiz6290
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby aortiz6290 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:01 pm

My stats are honestly not that good so I was extremely surprised by the waiver. Like I said, the packet was entirely dedicated to diversity at Cornell and the letter that offered the waiver discussed applicants of color and diversity factors, so I'm sure that being a PR female is likely the reason for the waiver but my LSAT is a 165. I will be retaking in Oct and hope to score 170+. My current PTs indicate that this is definitely possible. My LSCAS GPA is a 3.43 and I'm coming straight out of undergrad from HYP.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 pm

3.7 167

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby citykitty » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:08 pm

I got the W&M email yesterday too.

User avatar
winning
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby winning » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm

What's the consensus on soliciting before having an LSAT score? I want to submit apps right after I get my Oct. LSAT, and I'm worried that I'll have to wait a few days to submit if I need to solicit waivers.

My LSAC GPA is 3.7x. Any chance a solicitation with only my GPA will be met with a yes from any of the T14?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Dany » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:18 pm

winning wrote:What's the consensus on soliciting before having an LSAT score? I want to submit apps right after I get my Oct. LSAT, and I'm worried that I'll have to wait a few days to submit if I need to solicit waivers.

My LSAC GPA is 3.7x. Any chance a solicitation with only my GPA will be met with a yes from any of the T14?

I doubt it. Just wait for the waivers. Almost all schools send them the Monday-Wednesday after score release: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135295

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby freestallion » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I also received a Cornell viewbook and fee waiver in the mail!

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby maxpower430 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:56 am

I got the Cornell snail mail viewbook/fee waiver yesterday too.

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby annyong » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:27 am

Cornell snail mail fee waiver for me as well.

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sea15 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:11 am

Cornell and Michigan viewbooks and fee waivers in the mail this morning. Cornell's is much prettier! But a personal note from Dean Zearfoss! Makes me feel loved....

172/4.0

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:14 pm

sea15 wrote:Cornell and Michigan viewbooks and fee waivers in the mail this morning. Cornell's is much prettier! But a personal note from Dean Zearfoss! Makes me feel loved....

172/4.0


Woah, you already got Michigan's!??!?! This is much earlier than last year!

The mail always seems to get to me a day or two later than people in the Midwest/East.

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sea15 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
sea15 wrote:Cornell and Michigan viewbooks and fee waivers in the mail this morning. Cornell's is much prettier! But a personal note from Dean Zearfoss! Makes me feel loved....

172/4.0


Woah, you already got Michigan's!??!?! This is much earlier than last year!

The mail always seems to get to me a day or two later than people in the Midwest/East.


Yes. Super excited. I am in the East, so that would make sense.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 pm

citykitty wrote:I got the W&M email yesterday too.

same here. First one for me since switching my cycle

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Just got the Cornell viewbook/fee waiver in the mail today.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby chem » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Got my michigan fee waiver, viewbook, and personal note!

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby RonnyDworkin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:50 pm

nothing in the mail....

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:25 pm

chem wrote:Got my michigan fee waiver, viewbook, and personal note!


Very nice. Hoping I get one sometime next week :D

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Does anyone know how to update the account. So they know you are applying this year and hopefully send fee waivers.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Angrygeopolitically wrote:Does anyone know how to update the account. So they know you are applying this year and hopefully send fee waivers.


'Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.'

Probably won't work though. You can solicit fee waivers if you want.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:54 pm

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Angrygeopolitically wrote:Does anyone know how to update the account. So they know you are applying this year and hopefully send fee waivers.


'Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.'

Probably won't work though. You can solicit fee waivers if you want.

It does. I did it about a month ago and have received several emails and a fee waiver.

icpb
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby icpb » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:55 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Angrygeopolitically wrote:Does anyone know how to update the account. So they know you are applying this year and hopefully send fee waivers.


'Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.'

Probably won't work though. You can solicit fee waivers if you want.

It does. I did it about a month ago and have received several emails and a fee waiver.


Correlation does not imply causation. It's worth a try though. You don't have much to lose.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:08 pm

icpb wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
Angrygeopolitically wrote:Does anyone know how to update the account. So they know you are applying this year and hopefully send fee waivers.


'Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.'

Probably won't work though. You can solicit fee waivers if you want.

It does. I did it about a month ago and have received several emails and a fee waiver.


Correlation does not imply causation. It's worth a try though. You don't have much to lose.


This is the truth. From the research I did, very few people with prior LSAT scores than June got fee waivers matching what they had gotten before. Lots of T-14 said "sorry, can't do it" then offered the waivers in November. JMJ doesn't have much to worry about because he's retaking, but for those who are not, definitely solicit if you want your apps out ASAP, but I wouldn't blanket T-14 until November when more waivers start to come in.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:07 am

I got a University of Georgia fee waiver postcard in the mail today (174/superior). I live in Georgia, so I'm sure there will be many people further afield getting these on Monday and Tuesday.

I seem to have been skipped by Cornell and Michigan, alas.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tasha88 and 7 guests