2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 pm

roguewave19 wrote:I took the February 2011 LSAT and got a 175 but I have yet to receive a single fee waiver :( :(

I signed up for CRS on May 31st but just checked and it looks like I didn't fill in the box for expected law school enrollment year.

Could this be why I haven't been receiving anything? Now that I've put in 2012, will I still get fee waivers from the schools who have already sent them out?


They don't seem to like us Feb '11ers. I scored high as well but had to solicit all my fee waivers. I've had 2012 and CRS registered since May. You might have to send some emails out as well. I would wait until after each school sends out their first round though (you can figure that out by watching this thread). I think Georgetown sent one out. UVA also gave me a waiver after I asked for it. Those are the only two so far. UCLA/WUSTL both said that I qualify (with a slightly lower LSAT than yours) but to wait until the end of August/beginning of Sept.

User avatar
rowingmyboat
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby rowingmyboat » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:09 pm

I took the June 2010 LSAT and hadn't been receiving fee waivers.I changed my application year on CRS and I signed up for a forum since I heard those tricks sometimes work. I did get the emails from John Marshall, West Virginia, and Michigan State so hopefully I'll start getting real waivers again?

I emailed some of the schools I received fee waivers from last year from CRS, telling them I had received one the year before and giving them my stats (172, 3.67)
So far:
UVA gave me one within 3 days
Minnesota asked for the original email, I sent it to them, and I'm waiting to hear back.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Just received a fee waiver from Duke.

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iphone7 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Just received a fee waiver from Duke.


Via email or letter? And was it Priority track or just fee waiver?

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby spek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Priority Track invitation and fee waiver from Duke via email.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:13 pm

iphone7 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Just received a fee waiver from Duke.


Via email or letter? And was it Priority track or just fee waiver?


Yeah, it was priority track + fee waiver via email.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Priority track and fee waiver what WHAT

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm going to take my measley 168 and go sit in the corner. :cry:

User avatar
dakure
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby dakure » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm

spek wrote:Priority Track invitation and fee waiver from Duke via email.

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iphone7 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Just sent emails to CCNMVPDNCG requesting fee waivers. I'll keep you all posted on the responses.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Priority Track is the best thing ever. Duke's admissions office is amazing.

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby acadec » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:05 pm

dakure wrote:
spek wrote:Priority Track invitation and fee waiver from Duke via email.

Would either of you care to share your stats?

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sea15 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Ditto on duke. 172/4.0

anstone1988
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby anstone1988 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 pm

sea15 wrote:Ditto on duke. 172/4.0


Does Duke's priority track practice yield protection?

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby sea15 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:22 pm

anstone1988 wrote:
sea15 wrote:Ditto on duke. 172/4.0


Does Duke's priority track practice yield protection?


I hope not

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby spek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 pm

acadec wrote:
dakure wrote:
spek wrote:Priority Track invitation and fee waiver from Duke via email.

Would either of you care to share your stats?


.
Last edited by spek on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby spek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:29 pm

anstone1988 wrote:
sea15 wrote:Ditto on duke. 172/4.0


Does Duke's priority track practice yield protection?


Curious about this too.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:59 pm

I don't think Duke YP'd much, if at all, this past year:

--ImageRemoved--

Write a "Why Duke" and it's not something to worry about. They're certainly no UVA.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 pm

174/3.53

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby kulshan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Also 172/4.0, also got the Duke email.

BTW, I emailed Yale and Harvard asking for the need-based fee waiver forms. Yale said ask again Sept. 1 and Harvard said ask again mid-Sept. :/. I'm not sure if it's worth even applying for one, since it looks like you have to provide parent's financial info (which is lame, given that I've been officially independent for 3 tax cycles now).

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Pretty sure Duke sends priority track to all 170+ scorers. Also, I've read in several places that the admissions committee grades priority track applicants on a "higher standard." I think the dean even mentioned that in the TLS interview. Not sure what that's worth, if anything.

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby RonnyDworkin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Real Madrid wrote:Pretty sure Duke sends priority track to all 170+ scorers. Also, I've read in several places that the admissions committee grades priority track applicants on a "higher standard." I think the dean even mentioned that in the TLS interview. Not sure what that's worth, if anything.



Didn't get it... made a 173.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:32 pm

PSUdevon wrote:174/3.53


You got the email? Damn. I will wait.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby freestallion » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:Pretty sure Duke sends priority track to all 170+ scorers. Also, I've read in several places that the admissions committee grades priority track applicants on a "higher standard." I think the dean even mentioned that in the TLS interview. Not sure what that's worth, if anything.



Didn't get it... made a 173.


Same here... this makes me sad :(
173/3.8

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:51 pm

freestallion wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:Pretty sure Duke sends priority track to all 170+ scorers. Also, I've read in several places that the admissions committee grades priority track applicants on a "higher standard." I think the dean even mentioned that in the TLS interview. Not sure what that's worth, if anything.



Didn't get it... made a 173.


Same here... this makes me sad :(
173/3.8


This makes me happy :) I thought my weak gpa was the problem. Hopefully more priority track invites are on their way.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests