2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

W&M, Cardozo, UVA

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:55 pm

GULC waived and Santa Clara.

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Cornelius » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Woohoo, in addition to hidden NU I have a hidden Penn waiver that definitely wasn't there as of yesterday. Check for hiddens everyone.
Last edited by Cornelius on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSWin
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby LSWin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm

.
Last edited by LSWin on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbalcrzy23
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby bbalcrzy23 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:00 pm

scottybared wrote:I just noticed that I have a hidden fee waiver from Northwestern that wasn't there yesterday. They tend to send them out without emails. 3.18/175.


Can you find a list of your fee waivers on the LSAC site? Or can you only find out via email and/or when you finalize your application?

User avatar
mmkitkat
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby mmkitkat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm

3.7x/171

Found hidden UCLA and hidden Duke fee waivers.

Plus Santa Clara, Columbia, Virginia, William and Mary, W&L, Pace, Cardozo, northeastern and Georgetown unsolicited. :D

ETA: hidden NU, NYU, MIchigan, and Penn as well, if you haven't checked for hidden fee waivers yet, you definitely should
Last edited by mmkitkat on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iamrobk » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Cornelius wrote:Woohoo, in addition to hidden NU I have a hidden Penn waiver that definitely wasn't there as of yesterday. Check for hiddens everyone.

Awesome, I have a hidden Penn one too. Never got another Georgetown email so I'm assuming they won't send me another with a fee waiver. Ah well.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby anewaphorist » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:19 pm

UMich, NYU, and Columbia today. A little surprised, since my LSAT is (only) 170.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby scottybared » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Ugh, Georgetown hates me. Solicited and got denied a few weeks ago (understandable with my 169 lsat). Solicited again with my new 175, and still nothing. Do they have some sort of GPA floor for these types of things? I just realized that I've been using a fee waiver template with my UGPA that I used before my LDAS GPA came out. Did they see the discrepancy and think I'm being dishonest?

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby masked kavana » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:31 pm

I haven't requested any yet but santa clara, william and mary and columbia all emailed with a waiver

User avatar
KremeCheez
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby KremeCheez » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Columbia(!!!), W&L, W&M, Texas, Virginia, Cardozo, Georgetown, Richmond, Northeastern and Santa Clara today. All unsolicited.

3.7x / 173.

User avatar
TrojanHopeful
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby TrojanHopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 pm

bbalcrzy23 wrote:
scottybared wrote:I just noticed that I have a hidden fee waiver from Northwestern that wasn't there yesterday. They tend to send them out without emails. 3.18/175.


Can you find a list of your fee waivers on the LSAC site? Or can you only find out via email and/or when you finalize your application?


This. How do you check for hidden fee waivers?

User avatar
mmkitkat
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby mmkitkat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:20 pm

TrojanHopeful wrote:
bbalcrzy23 wrote:
scottybared wrote:I just noticed that I have a hidden fee waiver from Northwestern that wasn't there yesterday. They tend to send them out without emails. 3.18/175.


Can you find a list of your fee waivers on the LSAC site? Or can you only find out via email and/or when you finalize your application?


This. How do you check for hidden fee waivers?


Just complete the apps, preview the apps, then do exactly what you would do if you were just going to pay for them. If the fee is waived it will say something along the lines of "the application fee has been waived via CRS" in a blue bar where the payment option normally would be.

User avatar
TrojanHopeful
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby TrojanHopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:21 pm

mmkitkat wrote:
TrojanHopeful wrote:
bbalcrzy23 wrote:
scottybared wrote:I just noticed that I have a hidden fee waiver from Northwestern that wasn't there yesterday. They tend to send them out without emails. 3.18/175.


Can you find a list of your fee waivers on the LSAC site? Or can you only find out via email and/or when you finalize your application?


This. How do you check for hidden fee waivers?


Just complete the apps, preview the apps, then do exactly what you would do if you were just going to pay for them. If the fee is waived it will say something along the lines of "the application fee has been waived via CRS" in a blue bar where the payment option normally would be.


Excellent. Thanks.

User avatar
Yeags
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Yeags » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Hidden waivers for Penn, Mich, NYU, and UCLA

User avatar
whenwin
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby whenwin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 pm

KremeCheez wrote:Columbia(!!!), W&L, W&M, Texas, Virginia, Cardozo, Georgetown, Richmond, Northeastern and Santa Clara today. All unsolicited.


Same. Haven't checked for any hidden ones yet.
Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring to my inbox. ;)

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Justdoingmybest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 am

Yesterday Unsolicited
Columbia,UVA, UT, Georgetown, William and Mary, University of Richmond, OC, Northeastern, W&L, Case Western, Drexel, Pace, Cadozo, Santa Clara


Today Unsolicited
Duke (PT), Wake, WUSTL,University of Pittsburgh, Temple, Pepperdine, MSU
Last edited by Justdoingmybest on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Mal Reynolds » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 am

Duke PT and fee waiver today.

User avatar
ashley12
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby ashley12 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:32 am

All unsol: Got Duke, Wake, WUSTL, and Richmond today so far (or at least from schools that I'm interested in)

UMN sent me a confusing response to my request. I will just pay the damn $75
Last edited by ashley12 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:39 am

just got Duke priority track and a solicited one from WUSTL

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Killingly » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:47 am

anewaphorist wrote:UMich, NYU, and Columbia today. A little surprised, since my LSAT is (only) 170.


Same LSAT. I want UMich and NYU! Got Duke today and had a hidden Penn.

User avatar
whenwin
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby whenwin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Duke PT and fee waiver today.


Got an email from Duke with a fee waiver but no mention of PT. Any chance I could still be offered PT, or should I just go ahead and apply?

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iamrobk » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:26 am

Killingly wrote:
anewaphorist wrote:UMich, NYU, and Columbia today. A little surprised, since my LSAT is (only) 170.


Same LSAT. I want UMich and NYU! Got Duke today and had a hidden Penn.

Yeah, I have a 171 and I want the Michigan one since it's probably my 2nd choice right now. I got the Duke PT one today. Guess I'll get that app out soon, it'd be nice to have any sort of a decision in the next month.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Unagi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:30 am

Michigan solicited!

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Killingly » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:31 am

iamrobk wrote:
Killingly wrote:
anewaphorist wrote:UMich, NYU, and Columbia today. A little surprised, since my LSAT is (only) 170.


Same LSAT. I want UMich and NYU! Got Duke today and had a hidden Penn.

Yeah, I have a 171 and I want the Michigan one since it's probably my 2nd choice right now. I got the Duke PT one today. Guess I'll get that app out soon, it'd be nice to have any sort of a decision in the next month.


My Duke wasn't PT :(




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mintme and 3 guests