2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:16 am

swoozie wrote:This question feels a bit dumb to me, but I've been wondering: do you guys send a thank you reply to solicited fee waivers, or would that just be dumb/annoying for the admissions to receive?

I sent thank you emails for the fee waivers that I solicited. Did not send emails for unsolicited.

User avatar
Kess
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Kess » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

Hopefully2012 wrote:
swoozie wrote:This question feels a bit dumb to me, but I've been wondering: do you guys send a thank you reply to solicited fee waivers, or would that just be dumb/annoying for the admissions to receive?

I sent thank you emails for the fee waivers that I solicited. Did not send emails for unsolicited.


Same here. Most of the unsolicited ones are schools I have no intentions of applying to anyway.

User avatar
rowingmyboat
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby rowingmyboat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Michigan love in my mailbox today.

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby TA923 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:10 pm

How do I change my application year to 2012?

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JoeMo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:15 pm

I'm getting all sorts of waivers from T2/T3/T4 schools. Unsolicited.

I didn't even think to solicit waivers from any schools, I didn't think they did that unless it was for financial need.

I also don't have a reportable LSAT score yet since I just took it in October but my GPA is pretty solid.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Solicited (TFA) from Chapel Hill today.

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Solicited (TFA) from Chapel Hill today.


Just wondering how they went about this with you. They have told me I will receive a fee waiver for AmeriCorps but I am confused if I send in a certification of service letter before or after I apply... I emailed back for clarification and he said to "proceed as normal" which I am still confused by :/

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:16 pm

JDndMSW wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Solicited (TFA) from Chapel Hill today.


Just wondering how they went about this with you. They have told me I will receive a fee waiver for AmeriCorps but I am confused if I send in a certification of service letter before or after I apply... I emailed back for clarification and he said to "proceed as normal" which I am still confused by :/


They sent me a code, but I had already sent a certification of service in my original email.

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Solicited (TFA) from Chapel Hill today.


Just wondering how they went about this with you. They have told me I will receive a fee waiver for AmeriCorps but I am confused if I send in a certification of service letter before or after I apply... I emailed back for clarification and he said to "proceed as normal" which I am still confused by :/


They sent me a code, but I had already sent a certification of service in my original email.


Thanks I will try just sending that in. Not sure if you saw the running AmeriCorps fee waiver list I'm sure you will qualify for those and more.

User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby No13baby » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Iowa just now by e-mail.

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby UMiamiCane » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Has anyone ever received a solicited waiver from UF?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm

No13baby wrote:Iowa just now by e-mail.



+1

User avatar
lalala13
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby lalala13 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:27 pm

UMiamiCane wrote:Has anyone ever received a solicited waiver from UF?



UF's app fee is a state fee that is paid directly to a state account. You don't go thru lsac.. So I don't think you can get a fee waiver..

UMiamiCane
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby UMiamiCane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:44 pm

lalala13 wrote:
UMiamiCane wrote:Has anyone ever received a solicited waiver from UF?



UF's app fee is a state fee that is paid directly to a state account. You don't go thru lsac.. So I don't think you can get a fee waiver..


Thanks! I didn't think they offered waivers so I submitted my app today.

mooseman2216
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby mooseman2216 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 am

i received solicited fee wavers from BU, WUSTL, UVA, and SMU. I emailed every school i was even considering applying to and asked for a merit based fee waiver. Most said that they don't give out fee waivers except through CRS or need based.

it was worth a shot though! and it saved me about 250-300 dollars!

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Solicited (need-based) waivers granted from UVA, SMU, and BostonU within several hours of request

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Solicited (need-based) waiver granted from Penn - went through the grinder with Duke

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

Anyone else get the big (unsolicited) envelope from MSU promising eligibility for full scholarship simply from CRS info? MSU's solicitations are borderline ridiculous.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby JoeMo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:Anyone else get the big (unsolicited) envelope from MSU promising eligibility for full scholarship simply from CRS info? MSU's solicitations are borderline ridiculous.


They are but can you blame them? They're trying to reach the people that are gunning for University of Michigan and saying "hey, there's this awesome 2nd tier school right up the street. In case you don't get into Univ of Mich, would you consider us?"

I give them credit for trying.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Mailed Fee waivers from USC and Duke.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Solicited (need-based) waiver granted from Mich

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 am

unsolicited from Wake.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby top30man » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:48 am

unsolicited from Wake.

For me as well.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Georgetown, BC, UCLA

roguewave19
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby roguewave19 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:12 am

Has anyone gotten a merit based (either solicited or not) from Hastings?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mintme and 5 guests