2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby beezy08 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks for the info Dany!

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:23 am

Dany, I just sent a fee waiver request using your template. Thanks! 8)

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I got a fee waiver by snail mail today from Baylor and notification that I was included in their preferred applicant program. Anyone else get this?

lawschool12345
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby lawschool12345 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:40 pm

ive gotten some ttt's and UMN and while emailing UVA about the ED process they offered me a fee waiver as well.
167 3.69 i guess its just so they have one more person to reject lol

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

Real Madrid wrote:I got a fee waiver by snail mail today from Baylor and notification that I was included in their preferred applicant program. Anyone else get this?


Got the waiver, no preferred applicant program. Jerks.

(Feb '11 LSAT, official transcript on LSAC)

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 pm

I haven't gotten many fee waivers recently. Something tells me it'll soon be time to try emailing schools for them.

jsvaughn
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby jsvaughn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Got emails today from GW and Florida but neither one said anything about a fee waiver.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby confusedlaw » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Just got an email from Columbia about an invitation to an information session. But they are a super super super reach at my numbers 3.69 167

User avatar
beezy08
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby beezy08 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm

jsvaughn wrote:Got emails today from GW and Florida but neither one said anything about a fee waiver.



I got both of those as well

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:47 pm

I just emailed UVA and received a fee waiver (both in the same day).

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby minnbills » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 pm

UMN and the usual suspects. It's still pretty early for mass fee waivers isn't it?

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 pm

I thought I had been jobbed by Minnesota, but I just realized they sent me a fee waiver in February that's valid until next April. Huzzah!

jungminnee
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby jungminnee » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:14 pm

When you email requests to each school, do you give your UGPA or LSDAS GPA?

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby vincanity1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Tag

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:32 pm

jungminnee wrote:When you email requests to each school, do you give your UGPA or LSDAS GPA?


LSDAS GPA. They don't care about your UGPA.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby citykitty » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Rutgers by snail mail today.

Minnesota is the only decent one I have. I am so scared I'm going to get rejected by everybody because of my GPA and have to formulate a new plan for life. UGH! I already want the app cycle over and it hasn't even started.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:47 pm

citykitty wrote:Rutgers by snail mail today.

Minnesota is the only decent one I have. I am so scared I'm going to get rejected by everybody because of my GPA and have to formulate a new plan for life. UGH! I already want the app cycle over and it hasn't even started.


I doubt you'll get rejected by everybody, especially if you focus your apps around splitter friendly schools.

User avatar
zozin
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby zozin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Minn sent me an e-mail on 7/15 but it didn't mention a fee waiver, only an invitation to apply. Should I assume that's a fee waiver, or did you guys receive a different e-mail?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15502
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:22 pm

"In recognition of your LSAT performance, this email serves as a FEE WAIVER for your University of Minnesota Law School application"

It also mentions fee waiver in the subject line.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Real Madrid » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:20 pm

zozin wrote:Minn sent me an e-mail on 7/15 but it didn't mention a fee waiver, only an invitation to apply. Should I assume that's a fee waiver, or did you guys receive a different e-mail?


If they didn't mention it, I'd assume there's no fee waiver. But you can always ask them!

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby citykitty » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
zozin wrote:Minn sent me an e-mail on 7/15 but it didn't mention a fee waiver, only an invitation to apply. Should I assume that's a fee waiver, or did you guys receive a different e-mail?


If they didn't mention it, I'd assume there's no fee waiver. But you can always ask them!



My email from MN mentions fee waiver 3 times. I'd shoot off an email.

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby iphone7 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 pm

minnbills wrote:UMN and the usual suspects. It's still pretty early for mass fee waivers isn't it?


I think so. Anyone know when they'll start pouring in?

imbored25
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby imbored25 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:31 pm

sounds dumb but could someone tell me how i can change my date of attendance to 2012 on lsac, most of the fee waivers i've gotten so far are for 2011.

is it different than bachelor's degree date??

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby Dany » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.

imbored25
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Re: 2011-12 Cycle Fee Waiver Tracking

Postby imbored25 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Dany wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:Go to your LSAC page, click "Edit My Profile" on the left side, then click "CRS" also on the left side, and edit CRS preferences. You can update your expected enrollment year to 2012 there.


Thank You




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], canafsa, MSNbot Media and 5 guests