Apply and then Retake Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Marlin88

New

Apply and then Retake Question

Post by Marlin88 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am

I'm sure this has been asked before in another post, but I looked around and couldn't find it. I just graduated college and I am planning on applying to law schools in the fall. I am considering a retake but wouldn't be able to do so until at least December and maybe not even February because I'm working abroad for a few months. I really wanted to send in all my apps by early September. If I apply in early September and then decide to retake in December or February what effect will that have on my application?

Also, I've looked on all of the law school probability calculator websites and lsn.com, etc., but I'm a reverse splitter at almost every school I am applying to so I was wondering if anyone had any better idea of my odds at these schools: Vanderbilt, UCLA, Texas

Numbers: 4.06/165/White Male/OOS at Texas and UCLA
Ugrad: T50 Public School, good resume and 2 good lors

Thanks for your help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

annyong

Bronze

Re: Apply and then Retake Question

Post by annyong » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am

I think this same question was just asked http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=159613 - As far as I know, the school would be updated after your retake, but it's highly possible they could have already made a decision by the time December scores come out, and I would think almost definitely by the time February scores come back.

You could look into schools that are traditionally more GPA rather than LSAT heavy, considering your numbers.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”