What to do first-LSAT or the transcripts and recommendations Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Megan_A

New

What to do first-LSAT or the transcripts and recommendations

Post by Megan_A » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi, everybody! I am confused regarding the sequence of the following - should I take the LSAT and then ask for my trascripts and LoR to be sent to LSAC or vice versa? I thought it's a better idea to see my score before I start contacting my former schools and recommenders since I am an international student and I don't want to go through the hustle of begging them to send my papers overseas if I don't do well on the LSAT and decide not to apply. On the other hand according to lsac.org you should ask for your transcripts and letters of recommendation prior to the LSAT?? Can anyone help?

Kabuo

Silver

Re: What to do first-LSAT or the transcripts and recommendations

Post by Kabuo » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 pm

It absolutely does not matter. Ideally you would have it all done by the time you get your score so that you can apply sooner. If you don't want to bother with it if you don't like your score, then obviously you should wait to get a score and then get all your other materials. You should know that this might make your application later than most though, which is a gigantic disadvantage.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Request the transcripts and recommendations now... There's always a possibility your recommender will delay their letter for months.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Megan, are you planning on applying this cycle? If you are you should get the transcripts/LORs done right away, since they can take a while to get sent/processed by LSAC, and it's always best to have your apps in early. If you're not applying this cycle, just keep all of this in mind - the actual order doesn't matter but LOR writers can be flaky and LSAC can take up to several weeks processing your transcripts, esp. if you graduated from a foreign university.

Megan_A

New

Post by Megan_A » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you so much to all! This really helps me a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”