Question about UPenn/NU EDU

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Real Madrid

Question about UPenn/NU EDU

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm considering EDing to UPenn and sit at a 3.82 (Penn's GPA median) and a 168 (between 25th and median). First off, would that be a smart reach ED or do I have little to no chance?

Secondly, I've noticed that Penn and Northwestern say you can only ED to their school (and nowhere else) in a given cycle. Does that seriously mean that you cannot apply ED anywhere else if you are rejected through ED, or does it simply mean you cannot make them your second ED choice if you got dinged/WLed somewhere else first?

robotclubmember

Re: Question about UPenn/NU EDU

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Real Madrid wrote:I'm considering EDing to UPenn and sit at a 3.82 (Penn's GPA median) and a 168 (between 25th and median). First off, would that be a smart reach ED or do I have little to no chance?

Secondly, I've noticed that Penn and Northwestern say you can only ED to their school (and nowhere else) in a given cycle. Does that seriously mean that you cannot apply ED anywhere else if you are rejected through ED, or does it simply mean you cannot make them your second ED choice if you got dinged/WLed somewhere else first?

you have a chance, sure. no money will be coming your way though.

ED at penn and nu precludes you from EDing anywhere else that cycle, even after you have been rejected or rolled to RD.

IBretake

Real Madrid

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Interesting. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.

On a side note, I could see how EDing somewhere if you've been put on the wait list could result in them rejecting you, but if you're rejected up front and ED somewhere else, is there really anything they can do to stop you? That seems like an impossible-to-enforce policy.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Real Madrid wrote:Interesting. I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.

On a side note, I could see how EDing somewhere if you've been put on the wait list could result in them rejecting you, but if you're rejected up front and ED somewhere else, is there really anything they can do to stop you? That seems like an impossible-to-enforce policy.

After they reject you, you are released from that contract. You can do whatever yu want.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”