Crap - forgot to include moving violations in addenda

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hoi polloi

Crap - forgot to include moving violations in addenda

Postby hoi polloi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm all set to attend law school in the fall. I looked at my application that I sent last fall out of curiosity, only to find that it asked to disclose misdemeanors, including moving violations. I totally did not disclose any of that. I've received 2 speedings tickets and a following too closely citation in the past, but I'm not sure if those count.

What should I do? Will the admissions committee retroactively rescind my acceptance if I show up and explain my mistake? I really don't want this to affect passing the bar or anything career-related in the future.

BarCliff

Re: Crap - forgot to include moving violations in addenda

Postby BarCliff » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm

The first week of law school we had a big informational sit-down. The dean said, "if any of you have committed any crimes and didn't disclose them, make sure you file an addendum asap." This was after classes had already started.

If I were you, I'd e-mail the admissions people to let them know. Doubt it'll be a big deal.

bp shinners

Re: Crap - forgot to include moving violations in addenda

Postby bp shinners » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:05 pm

BarCliff wrote:Doubt it'll be a big deal.

Just wanted to repeat this because it seems like you might be a little worried. I'd call the school up and inform them, and ask them what you should do. No one is going to lose it over a few moving violations, unless you fail to disclose them at all. It wouldn't have negatively affected your chances of admission to the school, so just clear it up and move on.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”