NYC schools

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

NYC schools

Postby bdl108 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi all,

Currently a rising senior majoring in econ. ~3.85 GPA. Decent softs (internship at Andrew Cuomo's campaign, currently legal assistant at real estate law practice, pursuing honors track in major, studied abroad, etc.). I am interested in pursuing a career in securities law or real estate law.

I would strongly prefer to stay in NYC for law school (I know, who woudn't?), and was wondering what sort of realistic target I should set for myself for the LSAT. I just started studying for it, and first two practice tests were 158 and 157, respectively. I would obviously love to go to Columbia or NYU, and wouldn't mind Fordham. I would probably ED at one of the former if I do sufficiently well on the LSAT, and was wondering what is a good target (besides 180) I should set for myself, given my GPA. Does NYU, by chance, give any sort of preference to its own undergraduates (I go there and have heard this)? Also, this may be jumping the gun a bit, but would binding ED preclude the possibility of deferring enrollment for a year?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”