OMG Please help me!!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: OMG Please help me!!!

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Hippononymous wrote:
Ineedhelp! wrote:I know ok, i'm just terrified and scared so please forgive me. I have never gotten in trouble in my life so i'm a little new to how to react. We are separated right now and i have already called lsac and they said i should be getting a letter until then, theres nothing they can do i was told. I just needed someone to vent to. None of my friends are going to law school and i dont feel like explaining it all to them, inlcuding who or what lsac is so thats why i turned to the last place i wanted.
This has me leaning towards flame now....
She doesn't feel like explaining the delicacy of the application process to people that love and care about her, but she explains the sordid details of her life to people who couldn't give a shit about her as a person?
Yeah, you flamin' girl

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:30 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Hippononymous wrote:
Ineedhelp! wrote:I know ok, i'm just terrified and scared so please forgive me. I have never gotten in trouble in my life so i'm a little new to how to react. We are separated right now and i have already called lsac and they said i should be getting a letter until then, theres nothing they can do i was told. I just needed someone to vent to. None of my friends are going to law school and i dont feel like explaining it all to them, inlcuding who or what lsac is so thats why i turned to the last place i wanted.
She doesn't feel like explaining the delicacy of the application process to people that love and care about her, but she explains the sordid details of her life to people who couldn't give a shit about her as a person?
Yeah, you flamin' girl
i disagree on that respect. isn't that often the point of online forums? to get advice from strangers rather than out your personal details to people you have to be around all the time and often have biased views of your life and situation? plus, it's hard to explain "law school" shit to those who haven't been through it. they don't get the gravity of certain situations or events.

Hippononymous

Bronze

Post by Hippononymous » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

She has separated from him but won't talk to her friends about it? Seriously, this does not mesh. Any conversation about the separation is going to involve "OMG why?".

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

glitter178 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Hippononymous wrote:
Yeah, you flamin' girl
i disagree on that respect. isn't that often the point of online forums? to get advice from strangers rather than out your personal details to people you have to be around all the time and often have biased views of your life and situation? plus, it's hard to explain "law school" shit to those who haven't been through it. they don't get the gravity of certain situations or events.
Her belief that anyone on here had been through something similar is what strikes me as silly. We are not a source of any info that she can't get from LSAC or a more relevant source. I don't really think she's a flame, but certain statements seem like they don't match u.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Hippononymous wrote:
She has separated from him but won't talk to her friends about it? Seriously, this does not mesh. Any conversation about the separation is going to involve "OMG why?".
Unless she has no close friends, which actually explains why she's posting so much personal stuff on this forum...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ChiCity22

New

Post by ChiCity22 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Flame....gonna see where this goes though :|

MRavvel

New

Post by MRavvel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm

It's not that impossible to believe she really doesn't have any "best friend" to confide with and she's just looking for advice (especially if the husband is so possessive). Dump the guy. If you explain the situation I can't imagine your T20 would be so callous as to punish you for this situation. If you're divorcing him that's pretty convincing evidence.

The other posters are correct though, defer LS and take sometime to get your life together.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm shocked that this thread lives on.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Hippononymous wrote:
if she has a very possessive husband, then odds are, she hasn't been able to stay very close with her besties over the last couple years. her husband has probably conditioned her with shame and guilt for confiding in anyone other than him, likely because he is too insecure to accept her confiding in others and sees them as a threat to her loyalty to him. he probably also fears that she would confide in others about his possessiveness, so shuts it down by manipulating her into burning bridges with her former friends. that's how these things work. she's on an internet forum because it's the place she feels safest to discuss this right now. i would call it a flame if it weren't for the fact that, people really do insane stuff like this. if you've ever been in a relationship like this, you could clearly see that it really does "mesh".

to OP, see if you can have any charges brought against him on this (idk, telecommunications harrasment, mail fraud, identity theft? whatever sticks). if you have a police report and file charges, and he is found guilty of doing what you say he has done, then i think lsac could be inclined to clear your name. purely speculative. but i guarantee you are getting nowhere with lsac without some kind of "authoritative" proof that it was not you lying to these schools, such as him being found guilty in some criminal or civil proceeding related to this. that's really your only option if you ever want to get into a good law school.

also, retake.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 pm

This is a disturbing thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”