Retaking in October- Application question-HELP!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kingjones59

Retaking in October- Application question-HELP!

Postby kingjones59 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, as I am sure it has. Basically, I want to apply as early as possible for Fall 12. I have a 3.95 and got a 165 (sigh) on my first LSAT. I am planning on retaking in October. My question is: Can I apply in late September but have them wait to receive the October score to make a decision? And will taking the October LSAT still allow me to fall into the "apply early" category that schools stress? Also, will I still be eligible for ED or will it be too late?

Thank you!

KevinP

Re: Retaking in October- Application question-HELP!

Postby KevinP » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:45 am

kingjones59 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, as I am sure it has. Basically, I want to apply as early as possible for Fall 12. I have a 3.95 and got a 165 (sigh) on my first LSAT. I am planning on retaking in October. My question is: Can I apply in late September but have them wait to receive the October score to make a decision?

Depends on the school, but for the most part yes. You'll have to let the schools know somehow such as an email.
Might be relevant to your interests:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=135665

kingjones59 wrote: And will taking the October LSAT still allow me to fall into the "apply early" category that schools stress?

Yes.

kingjones59 wrote: Also, will I still be eligible for ED or will it be too late?

You'll still be eligible.

kingjones59 wrote:Thank you!

You're welcome.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”