I NEED HELP!!!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Susan_Walid

Bronze

I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by Susan_Walid » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 am

Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

jmill

New

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by jmill » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Susan_Walid wrote:Hey guys

ANY advice would really help as I am stuck in a difficult situation.

MY Undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, and I just recently score a 152 on the June 2011 LSAT (Should have been much higher, I blame my nerves and excessive anxiety due to burnout :/.) I am a bi-racial candidate (black and Caucasian), and have pretty good soft factors (volunteering, etc.)

I'm looking to apply to University of Connecticut, Wake Forest University, University of Maryland-Baltimore, University of Houston, and the University of Florida.

WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?????????? It's going to be so hard for me to retake working full-time and taking care of so many other responsibilities....but do I HAVE TO RETAKE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Out at all but, maybe UBalt. Retake is TCR.

SoPro

Bronze

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

Post by SoPro » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:04 pm

I ran your numbers on this LS probability calculator.

It looks like you're out everywhere except for Baltimore.

I ran them again using a 156, and it still says you're out.

With a 160, your chances significantly improve everywhere except for Wake Forest.

If you can improve 10 points to a 162, Wake Forest becomes a possibility, and you look very strong at the other places you mentioned.

Definitely retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”