Proper etiquette for repeated emails from 3rd Tier??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dubbsda27

Proper etiquette for repeated emails from 3rd Tier??

Postby dubbsda27 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm

I am being repeatedly contacted by a couple different third tier law schools which I have absolutely no interest regarding potential scholarships. I almost always reply in a very polite yet poignant fashion, usually using the excuse that I'm looking at a different geographic region for law schools and that to please remove me from their emailing lists in the future.

However, I am having a couple which have decided to completely ignore my request and continue to contact me so there en lies my question, would it be considered in poor taste to say send them a link to third-tier reality or tell them how I really feel about attending their school? Would there be any other possible unforeseen consequences such as them talking to adcomms of other schools?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Re: Proper etiquette for repeated emails from 3rd Tier??

Postby 20121109 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Just ignore them. Just like everyone else does.

justhockey31

Postby justhockey31 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

At the bottom of the emails there should be an "unsubscribe" link which will remove you from their mailing list. If not, just mark it as spam and forget about them. Their admissions cycle is almost over anyways and will stop emailing you then.

glewz

Postby glewz » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Link to a TLS poster who did what you are thinking about doing: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154648

His/Her e-mail:
Isn't enough enough? Do you think spamming me after I asked you to stop will make me more likely to apply to your for-profit law school? Your school is little more than a collection of desperate scam artists who hoodwink unwitting college graduates into forking out six-figures of debt for terrible to nonexistent employment prospects. And you are desperate because law school applications are plummetting, so you keep extending your deadline and spamming people who are clearly not interested. I suggest you take a lesson from the home loan mortgage companies who did something similar to what you are doing, or Florida Coastal might become the new AIG.

Cheers,

Attending a Real Law School

Result:
He/she still got a great scholarship at T14, but he/she also was told by the school to which he/she matriculated that Florida Coastal (or whatever T3 school he/she e-mailed) did forward his mail to T14 schools.
Last edited by glewz on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:39 pm

dubbsda27 wrote:However, I am having a couple which have decided to completely ignore my request and continue to contact me so there en lies my question, would it be considered in poor taste to say send them a link to third-tier reality or tell them how I really feel about attending their school? Would there be any other possible unforeseen consequences such as them talking to adcomms of other schools?

Pretty sure that someone wrote a scathing email and that TTT sent it to other schools to be vindictive. Not sure how it affected their cycle, but that can happen.

Just ignore it, or else hit the unsubscribe button at the bottom.

dubbsda27

Postby dubbsda27 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 pm

glewz wrote:Link to a TLS poster who did what you are thinking about doing: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154648

His/Her e-mail:
Isn't enough enough? Do you think spamming me after I asked you to stop will make me more likely to apply to your for-profit law school? Your school is little more than a collection of desperate scam artists who hoodwink unwitting college graduates into forking out six-figures of debt for terrible to nonexistent employment prospects. And you are desperate because law school applications are plummetting, so you keep extending your deadline and spamming people who are clearly not interested. I suggest you take a lesson from the home loan mortgage companies who did something similar to what you are doing, or Florida Coastal might become the new AIG.

Cheers,

Attending a Real Law School

Result:
He/she still got a great scholarship at T14, but he/she also was told by the school to which he/she matriculated that Florida Coastal (or whatever T3 school he/she e-mailed) did forward his mail to T14 schools.

Right on point and duly noted! Looks like to the spam folder it is! Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”