LSAT extra time scores and school acceptances

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
monarchylover

LSAT extra time scores and school acceptances

Postby monarchylover » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Is there anyone out there who had a good cycle with asterisk scores? I am contemplating whether or not to go through with getting extra time. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5 and have had a federal 504 plan since then. I have already paid for all the testing this summer and when I was 5 and my shrink sent in all the test and letters and history I just have not sent in my personal request. Will getting extra time mess me up on getting accepted and any scholly money? Also does anyone know if the US News rankings use asterisk scores? Please no debating on whether its right or wrong or if I will get it..... I would really like to here if anyone had a good cycle with extra time scores PM me if you like.

flexityflex86

Re: LSAT extra time scores and school acceptances

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:56 pm

monarchylover wrote:Is there anyone out there who had a good cycle with asterisk scores? I am contemplating whether or not to go through with getting extra time. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5 and have had a federal 504 plan since then. I have already paid for all the testing this summer and when I was 5 and my shrink sent in all the test and letters and history I just have not sent in my personal request. Will getting extra time mess me up on getting accepted and any scholly money? Also does anyone know if the US News rankings use asterisk scores? Please no debating on whether its right or wrong or if I will get it..... I would really like to here if anyone had a good cycle with extra time scores PM me if you like.

It is hard to get extra time - don't assume that just because you have ADHD, you'll get it. I know people with eye deficiencies who didn't get it. It isn't like getting it for the SAT.

I also don't think schools will care if you have extra time, but maybe each one has a different philosophy. Why don't you call to ask? Schools seem to care predominately about what you'll do for their LSAT median, and your work ethic and personality. ADHD would not influence any of these by itself unless some other traits are present such as laziness or inability to follow a deep conversation.

monarchylover

Re: LSAT extra time scores and school acceptances

Postby monarchylover » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:12 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
monarchylover wrote:Is there anyone out there who had a good cycle with asterisk scores? I am contemplating whether or not to go through with getting extra time. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5 and have had a federal 504 plan since then. I have already paid for all the testing this summer and when I was 5 and my shrink sent in all the test and letters and history I just have not sent in my personal request. Will getting extra time mess me up on getting accepted and any scholly money? Also does anyone know if the US News rankings use asterisk scores? Please no debating on whether its right or wrong or if I will get it..... I would really like to here if anyone had a good cycle with extra time scores PM me if you like.

It is hard to get extra time - don't assume that just because you have ADHD, you'll get it. I know people with eye deficiencies who didn't get it. It isn't like getting it for the SAT.

I also don't think schools will care if you have extra time, but maybe each one has a different philosophy. Why don't you call to ask? Schools seem to care predominately about what you'll do for their LSAT median, and your work ethic and personality. ADHD would not influence any of these by itself unless some other traits are present such as laziness or inability to follow a deep conversation.

For the first part I don't think just because I have ADHD I will get it..... but I am not asking whether or not I will get it as I have already put in all the effort and money possible to do it. ie. 2 grand in testing... traveled to all my old schools to get decades old 504 plan copies.... got up with the psychiatrist who diagnosed me over 20 years ago to have him write a letter..... etc...
For the relevant answer to what I asked... I have called the schools and asked and they said they do not discriminate as is what I expected them to say... Unless they want to get sued.... So I am asking if anyone with experience with asterisk test scores could tell me how their cycle went.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”