. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parsi

Bronze

Re: Pro Bono Coordinator Position and Admissions

Post by parsi » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:I might have the opportunity to work as a Pro Bono Coordinator with a leading non-profit managing how cases go to outside firms for pro bono work to assist the non-profit's clients. So far I've really only considered paralegal or legal assistant positions as potentially impressive pre-law school positions that are law-related and within my qualifications. Would a pro pono coordinator be a good position to admissions counselors as well?
It couldnt hurt...but you know what could hurt? A shitty LSAT score.

Focus on the LSAT, with your GPA and other softs, I dont think a lack of an additional soft will be what ultimately leads to you receiving rejections from top schools.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdMission

New

Post by jdMission » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 am

This is a great question. As you consider your options for legal work, be sure to focus on positions about which you are passionate and to which you can commit yourself entirely. By dedicating your time and energy to a position about which you are genuinely enthusiastic, you will naturally find yourself in situations that will make excellent fodder for quality application essays and powerful recommendations. Hope this helps.

Sunitha Ramaiah
Participant in the prestigious Nielsen Ratings; World-renowned toothbrush collecter
Lincoln Law '02

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 am

jdMission wrote:This is a great question. As you consider your options for legal work, be sure to focus on positions about which you are passionate and to which you can commit yourself entirely. By dedicating your time and energy to a position about which you are genuinely enthusiastic, you will naturally find yourself in situations that will make excellent fodder for quality application essays and powerful recommendations. Hope this helps.

Sunitha Ramaiah
Participant in the prestigious Nielsen Ratings; World-renowned toothbrush collecter
Lincoln Law '02
:shock:

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”