What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Alltheirsplendor
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Alltheirsplendor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 am

fatduck wrote:so glad i finally clicked on this thread


Word.

User avatar
tyro
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:23 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby tyro » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 am

futurelawstudent1 wrote:
tyro wrote:
futurelawstudent1 wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Another possible response: it's 19,000,000 law students would be mad.


It is 19,000,000 law students would be mad?


Are you the grammar guru bot that ppl were talking about?


I don't normally say things about people's grammar. But using "it's" instead of "its" has to be the most retarded mistake ever.


--ImageRemoved--

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 am

WHO GIVES A FUCK.

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby joeshmo39 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:18 am

If G-Town drops from the T-14 we should flood the dean's office with "My Condolences" Hallmark cards. That would be the hilarious.

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 am

futurelawstudent1 wrote:I don't normally say things about people's grammar. But using "it's" instead of "its" has to be the most retarded mistake ever.


--ImageRemoved--

drs36
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby drs36 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:12 am

^ hahah

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby TheFactor » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:24 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:WHO GIVES A FUCK.

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby shoeshine » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 pm

T-13

FTW

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4856
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Borhas » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Helicio wrote:What if Georgetown lost its 14th spot and became 15. Would the previous 15 that becomes 14 then gain the prestige of a T14? Would rankings be shaken up forever?

I'm just wondering because it seems somewhat suspicious that the top 14 schools haven't changed in the past couple years.


this already happened

methinks it had something to do with the rapture

User avatar
Trustbuster
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Trustbuster » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:31 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
cmckid
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby cmckid » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Pretty sure UT and Vandy already have better/equal placement than the bottom of the top 14, so we might just start calling it the top 17 or top 20. Besides, Gtown is about as regional as those two schools in where it places graduates. I'd say you'd start calling it in terms of t10-12 national vs. 11- 50 regional schools instead of t14.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Grizz » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Helicio wrote:Would the previous 15 that becomes 14 then gain the prestige of a T14? Would rankings be shaken up forever?


How the hell did you manage to become infected with such rank idiocy?

User avatar
masochist
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby masochist » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Well, immediately after Gtown dropped out of the t14 the lamb would break the first seal. Then one who is both a king and a conqueror will ride forth on a white horse. Then the lamb will break the second seal and a rider on a red horse will bring war ...

Seriously, only people applying to law school would care.

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby lawyerwannabe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:59 pm

cmckid wrote:Pretty sure UT and Vandy already have better/equal placement than the bottom of the top 14, so we might just start calling it the top 17 or top 20. Besides, Gtown is about as regional as those two schools in where it places graduates. I'd say you'd start calling it in terms of t10-12 national vs. 11- 50 regional schools instead of t14.


So, Duke and NW are on par with Vandy and UT? Lol.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:05 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:
cmckid wrote:Pretty sure UT and Vandy already have better/equal placement than the bottom of the top 14, so we might just start calling it the top 17 or top 20. Besides, Gtown is about as regional as those two schools in where it places graduates. I'd say you'd start calling it in terms of t10-12 national vs. 11- 50 regional schools instead of t14.


So, Duke and NW are on par with Vandy and UT? Lol.

Ya bro, NU places only in Chicago.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby bk1 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

ITT: Subtle USC trolling.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby ahduth » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I dunno, but GULC sent me an extremely handsome leather portfolio. And I have no idea what to do with it. Do you think people will be offended if I use it at my future (non-GULC) school?

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby lawyerwannabe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:13 pm

While everyone is going to yell at me for posting something so old, it is the only vault firm placement information that I can find. While I know the current placement ITE is lower, these numbers demonstrate the different strata among law schools.

http://lawfirmaddict.blogspot.com/2006/ ... ement.html

You can click through and see V10, V25, V50, and V100.

Taking into account prestigious clerkships and prestigious government jobs:

HYS
CCN
MVPDNC
... and so on.

Look at the differences between MVPDNC and UT/Vandy. It's pretty stark.

protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby protein » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:56 pm

cmckid wrote:Pretty sure UT and Vandy already have better/equal placement than the bottom of the top 14, so we might just start calling it the top 17 or top 20. Besides, Gtown is about as regional as those two schools in where it places graduates. I'd say you'd start calling it in terms of t10-12 national vs. 11- 50 regional schools instead of t14.


lol you so silly

User avatar
cmckid
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby cmckid » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 pm

I was pointing out that schools like Cornell and Gtown could be thought of as serving the regional markets in DC and NYC rather than truly being national like the top 10. Besides, landing a high end job in Nashville or Texas, with no state income tax and substantially lower COL, might actually be preferable, even if you're only making 130K instead of 160K.

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby lawyerwannabe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 pm

That's great if people think it's preferable. That is not the argument you were making. And saying T10 leaves out Duke and NW (unless you are being liberal in its use). These two schools are in the lower T14 that you are claiming to have equal placement to UT/Vandy - and that they are regional. Not sure if you would be able to find many, if any people, that would agree with you on that statement.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 pm

TheFactor wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:WHO GIVES A FUCK.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Grizz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 am

lawyerwannabe wrote:That's great if people think it's preferable. That is not the argument you were making. And saying T10 leaves out Duke and NW (unless you are being liberal in its use). These two schools are in the lower T14 that you are claiming to have equal placement to UT/Vandy - and that they are regional. Not sure if you would be able to find many, if any people, that would agree with you on that statement.


All law schools are regional to varying degrees. Or did I just BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby Grizz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:15 am

cmckid wrote:I was pointing out that schools like Cornell and Gtown could be thought of as serving the regional markets in DC and NYC rather than truly being national like the top 10. Besides, landing a high end job in Nashville or Texas, with no state income tax and substantially lower COL, might actually be preferable, even if you're only making 130K instead of 160K.


Have you seen the list of where Vanderbilt people get jobs, you ignoramus?

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: What would happen if Georgetown left T14?

Postby robotclubmember » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:05 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:While everyone is going to yell at me for posting something so old, it is the only vault firm placement information that I can find. While I know the current placement ITE is lower, these numbers demonstrate the different strata among law schools.

http://lawfirmaddict.blogspot.com/2006/ ... ement.html

You can click through and see V10, V25, V50, and V100.

Taking into account prestigious clerkships and prestigious government jobs:

HYS
CCN
MVPDNC
... and so on.

Look at the differences between MVPDNC and UT/Vandy. It's pretty stark.


Acceptable and encouraged anti-Boalt trolling.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], charmonster, Skyline55 and 9 guests