Part time vs Full time Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JoeC12

New

Part time vs Full time

Post by JoeC12 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Pardon me if this has been answered already. Is it more likely that you will get in somewhere if you apply part time as opposed to full time. Statistically, it seems like that is the case but schools are very straightforward in stating that part time and full time students are evaluated exactly the same. I ask because it might be beneficial for me to attend school on a part time basis. Can anyone give me a basic rundown of part time vs full time? Thanks, everyones input is greatly appreciated.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Part time vs Full time

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:03 pm

JoeC12 wrote:Pardon me if this has been answered already. Is it more likely that you will get in somewhere if you apply part time as opposed to full time. Statistically, it seems like that is the case but schools are very straightforward in stating that part time and full time students are evaluated exactly the same. I ask because it might be beneficial for me to attend school on a part time basis. Can anyone give me a basic rundown of part time vs full time? Thanks, everyones input is greatly appreciated.
It used to be true that PT was definitely easier than FT but this is becoming less and less so. Recently USNWR made it so that both FT and PT programs counted for a school's median LSAT/GPA (it used to be just FT). In a bid to keep their schools well ranked the schools with PT programs made them almost as hard to get into and often cut the size of their PT programs.

So while there still a small gap between FT and PT, it is not something I would necessarily count on.

JoeC12

New

Post by JoeC12 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm

That is what I have heard. However, lawschoolpredictor.com thinks otherwise.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:23 pm

JoeC12 wrote:That is what I have heard. However, lawschoolpredictor.com thinks otherwise.
LSP's part time predictor is almost 2 years old, iirc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”