Classes at community college Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
senorhosh

Bronze

Classes at community college

Post by senorhosh » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 am

So i've decided to take some classes at CC to up my GPA.
I'm most likely going to take some class I can get an easy A.

My question is, will college admissions know that i'm "pulling a trick" by doing this?
For example, I wanted to take "intro to photography" or "intro to bodybuilding" for an easy A.

Will colleges know that I'm doing this for a GPA boost and will this actually hinder my chances?
Do i have to make this look "legit"? thanks

btw: this is for summer. I still have 2 quarters til graduation so I want to make most of my time boosting my GPA

twaswoo

New

Re: Classes at community college

Post by twaswoo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 am

what most law schools care about is just the number. a 3.8 in theatre would be in a better position than a 3.3 in physics.

downing

Bronze

Post by downing » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 am

I have a useful trick for you, though it comes with the stipulation that you already know a relatively popular foreign language: take a beginner's class in said language that you already know. The easiness of such an A knows no bounds; you could, quite literally, never show up for class except for the final, and take the final without studying so much as 1/2 an hour, and get the most impressive grade in your class.

I remember there were a few native Japanese students in an intro Japanese language class I once attended. One was an older woman with orange hair/yellow hair who sat in the front and decorated her nails during our teacher's lecture, and I think she spent a lot of time sending gossipy text messages to her friends. Besides filing her nails, she would jeer at the Korean students and snidely mock the 18/19 year old Americans for their naive interest in anime and j-pop.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 am

They won't care at all. Enjoy your fun classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”