LOR Form Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

LOR Form Question

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 am

When I download the LOR forms from LSAC, they appear like this:

Image

Is this abnormal? If so, is it anything to be concerned about? That's the only way that I can download / print them that I can tell.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby cinephile » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:27 pm

I thought there was supposed to be a barcode there.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

You're right. I just used a different browser (Chrome instead of Firefox) and it came up with a barcode.

Is it going to be problematic that I sent my transcript off and it looked the same way (i.e., with letters and number instead of a barcode)?

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby cinephile » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 pm

You could call them and ask. Or simply print off another copy. But really, why not call them and ask? They're usually pretty nice about all the concerns applicants have.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby eaglemuncher » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 pm

I sent one of mine like that, it was fine

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 pm

cinephile wrote:You could call them and ask. Or simply print off another copy. But really, why not call them and ask? They're usually pretty nice about all the concerns applicants have.


Was planning to do that tomorrow morning.

eaglemuncher wrote:I sent one of mine like that, it was fine


Great, thanks!

forty-two
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby forty-two » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 pm

All of mine looked like that. It was never a problem.

User avatar
katie96
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby katie96 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Guys - quick question (and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else) - My professor just agreed to write me a LOR and asked me to send him the form... I have to print and send it via mail, right? Or can I save a copy to my computer and send it via e-mail?

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: LOR Form Question

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm

katie96 wrote:Guys - quick question (and sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else) - My professor just agreed to write me a LOR and asked me to send him the form... I have to print and send it via mail, right? Or can I save a copy to my computer and send it via e-mail?


You'll need to make sure it's signed, so e-mail or mail is fine.

FAQ




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: archipm, Ferrisjso, freddieb, Smeag91, theothercat and 8 guests