LSAC Law School Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SoPro

LSAC Law School Forum

Postby SoPro » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm

I did a couple of searches, but the threads I found were not helpful. If you can provide a link to a substantial, beneficial thread on the topic, feel free.

Background: Undergrad, will be taking the LSAT in October, plan on applying this fall. I have a general idea of where I will be applying. On the whole, I have a basic understanding of the admissions process and matters regarding financial aid.

For anyone (especially with a similar background) who has been to a forum, did you find them beneficial? If so, what aspect of the forum would you recommend? What aspects, if any, were superfluous or should be avoided?

Logistics Q: I gather that the dress code is casual (jeans/Khakis and a polo) -- right or wrong?

TheKingintheNorth

Re: LSAC Law School Forum

Postby TheKingintheNorth » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:36 am

you havent even taken the LSAT yet and you're worrying about "law school dress code."

Actually, I guess you've come to the right community.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:00 am

I attended the Los Angeles LSAC forum last summer. In my opinion, if you regularly peruse TLS, you will know all you need to know about the law school admission process and won't find the forums particularly insightful. All the brochures and literature that are handed out can be easily found on the respective schools website.

The only benefit I got from attending was receiving fee waivers to schools I wanted to apply to. Just show some genuine interest in the school and ask if they have any waivers to hand out. Asking if their school has a study abroad program IS NOT showing genuine interest.

Have no shame in your game...applying to law school is an expensive process, and if you land even one waiver, it will have been a worthwhile experience

there is no dress code. Last year it was held at the Biltmore in downtown, a swanky upscale hotel. I wore a polo and nice jeans and it was just fine. just look presentable, but don't overdo it. There were some kids in full business attire, and they looked completely out of place.

SoPro

Postby SoPro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 am

TheKingintheNorth wrote:you havent even taken the LSAT yet and you're worrying about "law school dress code."

Actually, I'm not. My concern was for the law school forum, not law school. Also, lol @ misquoting me.

Gaucho wrote:The only benefit I got from attending was receiving fee waivers to schools I wanted to apply to. Just show some genuine interest in the school and ask if they have any waivers to hand out.

Indeed.

Moxie

Postby Moxie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:46 am

TheKingintheNorth wrote:you havent even taken the LSAT yet and you're worrying about "law school dress code."

Actually, I guess you've come to the right community.

+1. :lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”