fee waivers Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anstone1988

New

fee waivers

Post by anstone1988 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Should I contact schools now to ask for merit based fee waivers, or should I wait until late July/early August?

ahduth

Gold

Re: fee waivers

Post by ahduth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm

anstone1988 wrote:Should I contact schools now to ask for merit based fee waivers, or should I wait until late July/early August?
Do you, ahem, have an LSAT score?

anstone1988

New

Post by anstone1988 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes. I have a LSAT score and a LSDAS GPA up to my junior year (I'm still in UG). I don't know if now is the right time to ask for merit fee waivers because applications for next cycle aren't up yet.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 pm

anstone1988 wrote:Yes. I have a LSAT score and a LSDAS GPA up to my junior year (I'm still in UG). I don't know if now is the right time to ask for merit fee waivers because applications for next cycle aren't up yet.
Yep, they're not going to waive fees until they actually have applications. I'd sit tight until you actually want to file your apps - most schools will automatically issue waivers for high scores, and then you can make requests as needed.

anstone1988

New

Post by anstone1988 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:51 pm

ahduth wrote:
anstone1988 wrote:Yes. I have a LSAT score and a LSDAS GPA up to my junior year (I'm still in UG). I don't know if now is the right time to ask for merit fee waivers because applications for next cycle aren't up yet.
Yep, they're not going to waive fees until they actually have applications. I'd sit tight until you actually want to file your apps - most schools will automatically issue waivers for high scores, and then you can make requests as needed.
So schools are going to send out a wave of merit waivers before the cycle starts (late July/August) for applicants who took the LSAT before June of this year for the next cycle?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:02 pm

anstone1988 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
So schools are going to send out a wave of merit waivers before the cycle starts (late July/August) for applicants who took the LSAT before June of this year for the next cycle?
I have an incredible resource for you, as regards fee waivers:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=122246

Generally speaking, you'll probably get picked up in the database dump they do after June LSATs are released? Presumably someone will start a similar thread to the above for 2012 applications, and you'll see when fee waivers actually start going out.

anstone1988

New

Post by anstone1988 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 pm

ahduth wrote:
anstone1988 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
I have an incredible resource for you, as regards fee waivers:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=122246

Generally speaking, you'll probably get picked up in the database dump they do after June LSATs are released? Presumably someone will start a similar thread to the above for 2012 applications, and you'll see when fee waivers actually start going out.
This is great, thanks so much!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”