What to Do?- NC (No Credit) Grade from High School

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bp shinners

Re: What to Do?- NC (No Credit) Grade from High School

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
futurelawstudent1 wrote:One F is actually a pretty big deal. If you get 120 credits of A's, then your GPA will be a 3.9 instead of a 4.0. However, if you apply as a senior with 90 credits of A's, then your GPA will be a 3.87. A senior with a 3.85 will see his GPA drop to a 3.73.

My advice is to not send the transcript. If the LSAC doesn't find out, then great. If it does, then it will just notify you that you must submit all transcripts before your application is complete.

How would the OP explain that for C&F purposes if it comes to that? I doubt C&F will find out but some states do ask for your LSAC Number etc (Texas does, I think, but I could be wrong).

The correct response to that post wasn't a question, but a head shake.

OP, don't listen to futurelawstudent1. Disclose everything - it's not worth the potential fallout.

From what others have posted of UT's rules, it seems like you've got a good shot of making this go away. Make the calls others have suggested to the Dean and see if they'll work with you. Generally, school administrators would like to see their students succeed, as it reflects positively on the institutions where they were educated.

afitouri

Postby afitouri » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Some Community Colleges replace F, W, NC, and D grades if the student takes the course again and gets a B or an A. That was how my Community College worked.

So you should check whether your Community College has the same policy and re-take the course, getting either a B or an A. This will replace the grade on the transcript assuming our Colleges are the same, and the NC will disappear.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:10 pm

TCR is to sneak into the school Mission impossible style with hired exCIA dudes and erase all the records

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”