Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nickwar
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

Postby nickwar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:14 pm

You're doing it wrong. The key is to go to a cheap, mediocre undergrad and then to a reputable law school. No one cares where a lawyer went to undergrad.

And yes, just because you went to Princeton for undergrad doesn't mean you get to go to a good law school.
Last edited by nickwar on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm

witorres89 wrote:
Exeter wrote:I applied to a large amount of schools and have joined many facebook pages/admitted student sites. I keep seeing a great deal of people from elite UG going to TTT and TTTT law schools. I am going to safely assume that most are paying sticker at the school. Anyone have any reason as how this happens? Are they unaware of what is going on? For exmaple, I just find it hard to believe that someone who went to Princeton UG in stuck going to Suffolk Law.

Elite law schools have lots of rich kids. Going to a TTT isn't a bad financial decision if you have a trust fund and your parents pay the bills.


If you parents have 200K to burn, TTT is a pretty poor option. Buying you a condo would be a lot better.

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

Postby pleasetryagain » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm

kwais wrote:
No wait, the answer is C, they start these threads to give you a platform to take the moral highroad. How nice of them.


sorry did you say something?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 pm

pleasetryagain wrote:
kwais wrote:
No wait, the answer is C, they start these threads to give you a platform to take the moral highroad. How nice of them.


sorry did you say something?

OH SNAP! GOT EM!

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Elite undergrad to shitty law school?

Postby Patriot1208 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
witorres89 wrote:
Exeter wrote:I applied to a large amount of schools and have joined many facebook pages/admitted student sites. I keep seeing a great deal of people from elite UG going to TTT and TTTT law schools. I am going to safely assume that most are paying sticker at the school. Anyone have any reason as how this happens? Are they unaware of what is going on? For exmaple, I just find it hard to believe that someone who went to Princeton UG in stuck going to Suffolk Law.

Elite law schools have lots of rich kids. Going to a TTT isn't a bad financial decision if you have a trust fund and your parents pay the bills.


If you parents have 200K to burn, TTT is a pretty poor option. Buying you a condo would be a lot better.

Why not both?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests