Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
armyparalegalnco

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:15 am

I'm just having fun with you knuckleheads at this point. It's cute how your panties get all bunched up.

Just like in the other threads I mentioned how not disclosing expunged offenses isn't always an issue, and everyone freaked like I commited treason. In the state of Texas, which was the friggen topic, you don't have to disclose them. But on TLS Forums, you must tell the world.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:23 am

armyparalegalnco wrote:I'm just having fun with you knuckleheads at this point. It's cute how your panties get all bunched up.

Just like in the other threads I mentioned how not disclosing expunged offenses isn't always an issue, and everyone freaked like I commited treason. In the state of Texas, which was the friggen topic, you don't have to disclose them. But on TLS Forums, you must tell the world.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:25 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
armyparalegalnco wrote:I'm just having fun with you knuckleheads at this point. It's cute how your panties get all bunched up.

I keep watching and watching :shock: :shock:

Curry

Postby Curry » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 am

Cool

Paraflam

Postby Paraflam » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 am

What a tool.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 am

And these three posts rhyme, fool!

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:45 am

soft stool

armyparalegalnco

Postby armyparalegalnco » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:18 am

I love family guy

Lonagan

Postby Lonagan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 am

I would say something about the Telltale Heart, but I don't think that applies to sociopaths.

protein

Postby protein » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:39 am

Curry wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:yeah but now, after three pages of it, i bet most of them want him to be caught

I don't want him to get caught. I don't want him to do it.

I want him to get caught if he does do it.

armyparalegalnco

Postby armyparalegalnco » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 am

protein wrote:
Curry wrote:
FantasticMrFox wrote:yeah but now, after three pages of it, i bet most of them want him to be caught

Im glad this excites you that much.

protein

Postby protein » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 am

armyparalegalnco wrote:
protein wrote:
Curry wrote:

Im glad this excites you that much.

:roll:

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 am

armyparalegalnco wrote:Just like in the other threads I mentioned how not disclosing expunged offenses isn't always an issue, and everyone freaked like I commited treason. In the state of Texas, which was the friggen topic, you don't have to disclose them.

Uh, yeah you do.

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 am

LawWeb wrote:There was one I didn't include from a school I didn't even take a class at/get any grades at - just registered then withdrew, one class, didn't matriculate there, etc, so I left it off thinking I didn't need it - I believe it was LSAC that said my file wouldn't be complete until I got it. Apparently they find out somehow

Apparently LSAC can find out.

krasivaya wrote:A friend of mine left out a transcript and got away with it. He was questioned about it at the bar and easily explained it away saying he forgot.

Then again, the one he left out had 12 hours of A's and 3 hours of B's so it was easier to accept it simply slipped his mind. If it was all F's he might have had a bigger problem.

Apparently at least one state bar can find out.

So the question remains:
kalvano wrote:Willing to gamble?

Paraflam

Postby Paraflam » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:34 am

By the way, this thread reminded me of a couple bullshit dual credit classes I took in high school and I just called the community college to find out I have 12 credits of As on file with them! Thanks, OP :D

memphisbelle

Postby memphisbelle » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:06 am

You know, if I left out a transcript I could go to Harvard. Though to do so would mean taking a spot from someone who had worked hard all of their lives to get there. At the very least, someone who was smarter as a nineteen year old than I was. Really, the only question that you have put on the table is a moral one. You have already said that your school will be paid for and you don't intend to try to pass the bar. That takes away two of the major practical reasons that many people don't try this. They don't want to incur massive debt only to be found out later on. If your question were truly a matter of practicality, you wouldn't be asking an online message board for opinions. What do you really have to lose by doing this? Whether or not someone will find out or what they will do with that information, no one on here can say. If you did happen to find someone on here that had done it, it is likely that it didn't go well for them. How many prospective or current law students are going to announce to the internet that they cheated LSAC and got away with it?

If it really is a matter of one grade or one semester that went poorly because you were deployed, don't you think a simple GPA addendum could turn that it your favor? What respectable school would reject someone because they were called to service mid-semester?

In any case, if you're willing to gamble, go for it. You could very well be undeservedly taking a seat from one of us, so please don't be surprised or angry when we don't rush to tell you that it's a great idea.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 am

OP, you might not care about the moral element, but I do.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”