Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Patriot1208 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:57 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
armyparalegalnco wrote:Please...I don't want to hear about morals or opinions, I want to hear about facts and reality. If you have a transcript with grades that appear absolutly no where else in your academic record, is lsac in the business of investigating this stuff. Has anyone ever done this, heard of anyone doing it, or seen anyone bit in the azz by doing it.

Yes I know, the bar is god, they see all hear all and they magically WILL find out, but focus on the question. LSAC and School only...


No, LSAC and the school will "probably" not find out.
That being said, you are a complete and utter douche-bag. I spent 7 years active duty Army as a grunt and it comes to no surprise that some pogue would try and scam the system. Sad thing is, this infantryman right here has an LSAT score and a GPA that would bury yours. Real soldiers sacrifices helped push the government to create the the Post 9/11 GI Bill and you want to try and scam yourself into law school.
he posted in another thread about lying about arrests too because law schools cant make you disclose.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Also, if you took any of those college classes you're trying to hide using Army - federal funds - then have good luck trying to hide it. That stuff is in your ARTTS file etc. Not to mention if someone did you the favor of putting something about your college grades in your NCOERs etc.

User avatar
eaglemuncher
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby eaglemuncher » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:01 pm

ThomasMN wrote:Also, if you took any of those college classes you're trying to hide using Army - federal funds - then have good luck trying to hide it. That stuff is in your ARTTS file etc. Not to mention if someone did you the favor of putting something about your college grades in your NCOERs etc.


your fired up man..but I agree with you (except for the Pogue shit) lol

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:03 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:
ThomasMN wrote:Also, if you took any of those college classes you're trying to hide using Army - federal funds - then have good luck trying to hide it. That stuff is in your ARTTS file etc. Not to mention if someone did you the favor of putting something about your college grades in your NCOERs etc.


your fired up man..but I agree with you (except for the Pogue shit) lol


Yeah, sorry about that. Being "brought up" as an 11B turn the word pogue into something nasty. I know lots of great non-infantry folks. However, this guy is certainly not one of them.
Last edited by ThomasMN on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 pm

haus wrote:armyparalegalnco,

Think of Adam Wheeler who got caught having provided fraudulent information to Harvard College.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/adam-wheeler- ... d=10674294

Sounds like it worked out well for him.


Yes, because faking an entire education and making fake transcprit and conning the government out of loan money is exactly the same as leaving out a transcript to LSAC.

This is like saying stealing a gumball and laundaring drug money for the mexican cartels is excatly the same.

But nice news story.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm

I can understand where this guy is coming from. My LSAC gpa went down to a 3.91 because I got a C in this stupid 1 credit seminar on parapsychology when I was stationed in Germany. I took the weekend seminar and got sent into the field 2 days later. On top of that I have like 3 Withdraws (no GPA hit) for courses I tried to take. Naturally, my commander would always say that I would have lots of time to finish my class, but would then order me to withdraw from my course and go help out with some training rotation or another because they needed E-6's. However, I submitted those transcripts, which was pretty painful as it was just the 3 W's and one credit of a C.

User avatar
Ford Prefect
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Ford Prefect » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Lying about your credentials to get in somewhere and then using government money to fund it is just as shitty.

User avatar
Gizmo
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Gizmo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:11 pm

These are my favorite kinds of threads.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
armyparalegalnco wrote:Please...I don't want to hear about morals or opinions, I want to hear about facts and reality. If you have a transcript with grades that appear absolutly no where else in your academic record, is lsac in the business of investigating this stuff. Has anyone ever done this, heard of anyone doing it, or seen anyone bit in the azz by doing it.

Yes I know, the bar is god, they see all hear all and they magically WILL find out, but focus on the question. LSAC and School only...
armyparalegalnco wrote:Please...I don't want to hear about morals or opinions, I want to hear about facts and reality. If you have a transcript with grades that appear absolutly no where else in your academic record, is lsac in the business of investigating this stuff. Has anyone ever done this, heard of anyone doing it, or seen anyone bit in the azz by doing it.

Yes I know, the bar is god, they see all hear all and they magically WILL find out, but focus on the question. LSAC and School only...


No, LSAC and the school will "probably" not find out.

That being said, you are a complete and utter douche-bag. I spent 7 years active duty Army as a grunt and it comes to no surprise that some pogue would try and scam the system. Sad thing is, this infantryman right here has an LSAT score and a GPA that would bury yours. Real soldiers sacrifices helped push the government to create the the Post 9/11 GI Bill and you want to try and scam yourself into law school.


Look here jerkoff, noone came at you, no one asked you to answer, and I certainly went out of my way to express that I didn't care about opinions, because all you jump the gun in these forums without knowing the facts.

It's typical of someone like you to jump to conclusions, just because I am a 27D now, doesn't mean I always have been. I have 5 years in the brush myself. I would love to compare Army resumes with you anytime and play who's d1ck is bigger, but this is internet land, and im sure you were a member of Delta Force or CAG as its officially named.

Your amazing "grunt" lsat score does burry mine, right now anyway, because mine is zero, because I haven't taken it yet, but you knew that cause you're awesome. I'm sure yours is hanging on the fridge at your mommas house.

What is appaling that someone who has a past like the one you claim would knock anyones military service, and then blame me for slandering it.

But for all you know it alls it was a course taken over 8 years ago when I first came onto active duty (as a grunt, a real soldier, and not a jerk off like our friend up there). I got deployed in 2002 and had to cut the classes short. Had to apply to the Army not to take the TA money back, and it was a big ordeal because in those days there wasn't anything going on, so schools were not as miltiary friendly as they are today. My grades were appealed and it was a lenghty debate. Then the school closes and semi rebranded while I was away. To this day I am unsure of what is on record, and wouldn't even know where to begin looking, or if the records were washed.

Now, was all this neccessary or could you internet superlawyers just have answered the g-d@mn question if you felt you had useful information?
Last edited by armyparalegalnco on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
ThomasMN wrote:
armyparalegalnco wrote:Please...I don't want to hear about morals or opinions, I want to hear about facts and reality. If you have a transcript with grades that appear absolutly no where else in your academic record, is lsac in the business of investigating this stuff. Has anyone ever done this, heard of anyone doing it, or seen anyone bit in the azz by doing it.

Yes I know, the bar is god, they see all hear all and they magically WILL find out, but focus on the question. LSAC and School only...


No, LSAC and the school will "probably" not find out.
That being said, you are a complete and utter douche-bag. I spent 7 years active duty Army as a grunt and it comes to no surprise that some pogue would try and scam the system. Sad thing is, this infantryman right here has an LSAT score and a GPA that would bury yours. Real soldiers sacrifices helped push the government to create the the Post 9/11 GI Bill and you want to try and scam yourself into law school.
he posted in another thread about lying about arrests too because law schools cant make you disclose.


Please show me specifically where I said to lie.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:27 pm

ThomasMN wrote:Also, if you took any of those college classes you're trying to hide using Army - federal funds - then have good luck trying to hide it. That stuff is in your ARTTS file etc. Not to mention if someone did you the favor of putting something about your college grades in your NCOERs etc.


1. None of my civilian education is in my AARTS transcript.

2. I must have missed the box on the LSAC registration for AARTS, and NCOER submission.

3. It's "AARTS".

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2840
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby haus » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 pm

armyparalegalnco wrote:
haus wrote:armyparalegalnco,

Think of Adam Wheeler who got caught having provided fraudulent information to Harvard College.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/adam-wheeler- ... d=10674294

Sounds like it worked out well for him.


Yes, because faking an entire education and making fake transcprit and conning the government out of loan money is exactly the same as leaving out a transcript to LSAC.

This is like saying stealing a gumball and laundaring drug money for the mexican cartels is excatly the same.

But nice news story.


Sure Adam is a special level nutcase. But by your own admission, you think that fraud that you are considering will get you a slot, where the truth will not. The end result of his over the top antics are the same that you are attempting to accomplish by a simpler fraud by omission. If you are correct, you will get a slot that by all rights belongs to someone else. Yes, it sucks, but that is the way that it is.

I myself have a transcript from small school in Oahu. It was one course, a 4 credit science with lab. I was in route to a B in the course when my deployment schedule changed. This caused me to miss the last ~3 weeks of of classes and labs, not to mention the final exam. I attempted to work something out with the school, but it simply did not workout, leading eventually to a grade of W/F. Fortunately, this did not turn out to be an issue in getting into the masters program that I wanted, but should I opt to apply to law school, I will have to bring it back up once again.

slacker
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby slacker » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:32 pm

I'll never understand why some of you continuing responding to these types of people.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 pm

slacker wrote:I'll never understand why some of you continuing responding to these types of people.


At least you're not answering questions that were not asked.

User avatar
Ford Prefect
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Ford Prefect » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 pm

slacker wrote:I'll never understand why some of you continuing responding to these types of people.


Image

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Bronx Bum » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Why is everyone busting this guy's balls? Who cares if he's morally wrong? He specifically asked people NOT to comment on the moral aspects of that. Why does everyone on TLS think they are the moral police? Just answer the guy's fuckin question. No wonder law school is so easy to do well in with such little work. People really don't understand how to answer a question without adding their two cents.
Last edited by Bronx Bum on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Why is everyone busting this guy's balls? Who cares if he's morally wrong? He specifically asked people NOT to comment on the moral aspects of that. Why does everyone on TLS think they are the moral police? Just answer the guy's fuckin question. No wonder law school is so easy to do well in with such little work. People really don't understand how to answer a question without adding their two cents.


It really was a rather simple question.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I was never in CAG, group, or even a bat boy. I spent my entire time in the 101st Airborne Division and 1/4 Infantry out of Hohenfels Germany. Also, when you go up for your CFE they are going to look into your Army records. If you went to Afghanistan in 2002 then chances are you where with 187 and Campbell might have some of your education records. If the university went defunct then the local county will normally have copies of your records or whatever university incorporated / bought them will have their files. Its actually a pretty easy path to follow if you want to make the good faith effort to look into the situation. If your real problem is "I don't know if I have a W/F in a class I took while I was in the Army and the university is gone how do I check into them and will I be punished if I can't find my transcripts with them" then say so! Instead you asked if you can get away with it, which seems to imply that you are trying to actively hide something. Making those kind of declarations with the username that mentions that you are/were in the Army and an NCO is disgraceful. If you can't see that then you shouldn't have stripes.

Also, all you need to get a withdrawal and no TA money taken away is to get a memorandum from your commander. Even better if this is your real question why don't you call LSAC's 1-800 number and ask them about this... oh wait, you don't want them to know whatsoever. I'm inclined to think that your story is total utter and pure BS and you're trying to pull one over.

Unless you're scoring deep in the upper 90th percentile on your practice / future LSATs: I > you.

Also, pogue, if you're going to call me out on misspelling an acronym I never used on a regular basis then I have no problem calling you on your utterly atrocious spelling that seems to pop up in every 2 sentence that you write.

P.S. I hate Mamma-sans.
Last edited by ThomasMN on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:Why is everyone busting this guy's balls? Who cares if he's morally wrong? He specifically asked people NOT to comment on the moral aspects of that. Why does everyone on TLS think they are the moral police? Just answer the guy's fuckin question. No wonder law school is so easy to do well in with such little work. People really don't understand how to answer a question without adding their two cents.

Lol, subtle brag nerd. Nobody cares about you using this as a pretense to pad your ego and get righteously indignant at people's righteous indignation.

User avatar
Bronx Bum
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby Bronx Bum » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:Why is everyone busting this guy's balls? Who cares if he's morally wrong? He specifically asked people NOT to comment on the moral aspects of that. Why does everyone on TLS think they are the moral police? Just answer the guy's fuckin question. No wonder law school is so easy to do well in with such little work. People really don't understand how to answer a question without adding their two cents.

Lol, subtle brag nerd. Nobody cares about you using this as a pretense to pad your ego and get righteously indignant at people's righteous indignation.


Whatever the fuck the means, I just don't know what was so hard about this guy's question.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 pm

Even worse though, you might be from 10th Mountain. In that case you can hit up Fort Drum, no idea on how put together their stuff was.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Bronx Bum wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Bronx Bum wrote:Why is everyone busting this guy's balls? Who cares if he's morally wrong? He specifically asked people NOT to comment on the moral aspects of that. Why does everyone on TLS think they are the moral police? Just answer the guy's fuckin question. No wonder law school is so easy to do well in with such little work. People really don't understand how to answer a question without adding their two cents.

Lol, subtle brag nerd. Nobody cares about you using this as a pretense to pad your ego and get righteously indignant at people's righteous indignation.


Whatever the fuck the means, I just don't know what was so hard about this guy's question.


Because its unclear as "fuck." His question is along the lines of: will the IRS catch me if I don't report all my income. Well, not all income is equal and neither are all transcripts situations. In all honesty the only real answer to his question is: depends.

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby ThomasMN » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:58 pm

I apologize for coming off as a troll, but this is why I'm all burned up at the moment:

No one is more professional than I. I am a Noncommissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain technically and tactically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Noncommissioned Officers, leaders!

Anyone even pretending to follow that creed would not be acting the way that you are. I took my service seriously and would never purposefully disparage the good name of the United States Army or the NCO Corp.

armyparalegalnco
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby armyparalegalnco » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:11 pm

ThomasMN wrote: I took my service seriously and would never purposefully disparage the good name of the United States Army or the NCO Corp.


And you think that you are not doing that right now?

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Leaving out a transcript for LSAC

Postby DoubleChecks » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 pm

im glad im always reminded of a reason to lose faith in people -- but maybe OP's a flame, in which case, bravo!

if not, OP's obviously a db, and no one here is going to really convince him to NOT do something shitty unless they happen to work for LSAC (not even the bar as far as he cares) and know exactly how they go about verifying transcripts. besides that, it is mostly all speculation. i would have thought the comment about the bar catching the one guy on page 1 would be enough, but i guess im wrong.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], stego and 2 guests