Question about Getting to Maybe

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatextreme

Question about Getting to Maybe

Postby lsatextreme » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 am

So I'm reading through this book right now before I head to school in the fall, and though it's a relatively easy read, I'm finding it a bit difficult to try to retain all the helpful advice. Is it just as dense as I think it is or do I just suck at retaining information? I'm contemplating on reading through this book again or something when I'm done. I feel like it would have been helpful if I was taking notes as I was reading but I wasn't sure if that was really necessary I guess.

I had no issues understanding the concepts as I was reading but since it was dealing with subject matter I'm not used to yet since I'm only 0L, I guess it is still foreign to me. Maybe that's why they say to read it again during school?

Verity

Re: Question about Getting to Maybe

Postby Verity » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:46 am

I'm an 0L, but I'll relay the advice I got from current students. GTM is good for issue-spotter exams, and not all professors like it. The chapter on policy is the most useful, according to what I've heard. Otherwise, the LEEWS seems to be the method/program of choice. I would go over both carefully this summer, and then review about a month before exams (while doing practice exams). At least read them now for a birdseye view, and revisit during exams. If you frontload your studying, you should be able to fit it in.

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 am

damn ive been on TLS for a while and I dont think i'm familiar with LEEWS yet. Could you explain what it is exactly? Another book?

Postby 071816 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:18 am

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:24 am

damn i had no idea this type of question was so common. Thanks

gothamm

Postby gothamm » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 am

I felt the exact same after going through GTM. I think its ok that you didn't retain everything. Many people read it twice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”