2011-2012 Cycle Applicants! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
veritas curat

New

Re: 2011-2012 Cycle Applicants!

Post by veritas curat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:52 pm

hey everyone!

White female, 16x, 170, 3.9

reach: chicago, columbia
target: MVPD
Safety: midwest T25s

Also, where can I find my LSDAS GPA? I have only one transcript to send in, and I did and it's been processed. I have an academic summary report, and at the bottom it says my cumulative GPA. But no where on my lsac account does it say "LSDAS GPA: 3.9". Should it? Or do I just go with what's at the bottom of that report. I only ask because I want to solicit fee waivers but I don't want to tell schools my official LSDAS is 3.9 if it hasn't been processed yet.

Thanks so much for the help!!

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

oliverlovesyou wrote:GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 168
Pipe Dreams: Boalt
Reach: Cornell/USC/UCLA
Target: BU/BC/WUSTL
Safety: med school.

PS: Something explaining why a music major is applying to their law school.
Your safety is med school?! From what I hear it's way harder to get into med school than law school so um...

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

veritas curat wrote:hey everyone!

White female, 16x, 170, 3.9

reach: chicago, columbia
target: MVPD
Safety: midwest T25s

Also, where can I find my LSDAS GPA? I have only one transcript to send in, and I did and it's been processed. I have an academic summary report, and at the bottom it says my cumulative GPA. But no where on my lsac account does it say "LSDAS GPA: 3.9". Should it? Or do I just go with what's at the bottom of that report. I only ask because I want to solicit fee waivers but I don't want to tell schools my official LSDAS is 3.9 if it hasn't been processed yet.

Thanks so much for the help!!
Your cumulative gpa is your LSDAS gpa.

hdsoc

Bronze

Post by hdsoc » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 pm

White, 3+ years of work experience, 3.35, 173

Reaches: NYU (Applying ED to give myself even the slightest chance), UPenn
Targets: Northwestern, Georgetown
Safeties: Fordham, WUSTL

Also contemplating applying to GWU, UVA, Berkeley

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Anyone else doing the interview with Vanderbilt? No clue if I will be even in their range since I have yet to take the LSAT but I signed up for one anyways. I signed up on Monday and my interviewer already wrote me and would like to schedule for sometime next week! Super cool that they let you interview all over the country even though it is an alumni.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:53 pm

JDndMSW wrote:Anyone else doing the interview with Vanderbilt?

Yup! I'm super nervous though. I haven't asked for one yet, mostly because I want to make sure I'm 100% prepared before I do, which really just means I want the LSAT to be out of the way.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:10 pm

JDndMSW wrote:Anyone else doing the interview with Vanderbilt? No clue if I will be even in their range since I have yet to take the LSAT but I signed up for one anyways. I signed up on Monday and my interviewer already wrote me and would like to schedule for sometime next week! Super cool that they let you interview all over the country even though it is an alumni.
Signed up today. To the poster above, its apperently (according to past TLS posts) very laid back and low stress

Hopefully2012

Bronze

Post by Hopefully2012 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:21 pm

chem wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:Anyone else doing the interview with Vanderbilt? No clue if I will be even in their range since I have yet to take the LSAT but I signed up for one anyways. I signed up on Monday and my interviewer already wrote me and would like to schedule for sometime next week! Super cool that they let you interview all over the country even though it is an alumni.
Signed up today. To the poster above, its apperently (according to past TLS posts) very laid back and low stress
The Vanderbilt people have been some of the nicest admissions people I've talked to over the phone. I seem to always get a lady in the morning who seems genuinely friendly. I'm hoping the interview will go the same way. Most of the other law schools I've called have been pretty cold and direct with their responses. Are you guys doing the tour with AD Williams?

cmckid

New

Post by cmckid » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am

Hopefully2012 wrote:
chem wrote:
The Vanderbilt people have been some of the nicest admissions people I've talked to over the phone. I seem to always get a lady in the morning who seems genuinely friendly. I'm hoping the interview will go the same way. Most of the other law schools I've called have been pretty cold and direct with their responses. Are you guys doing the tour with AD Williams?
Amen to that- I live in Nashville and Vandy has been great, during my interview and visiting a class. totally open, willing to answer any questions, incredibly helpful. Penn, on the other hand, was so rude I'm not even going to apply. I spent 4 years at an undergrad that didn't care about its students, and I'm not looking to repeat the process in Law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AGooner11

New

Post by AGooner11 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:03 am

Hello TLS!

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/AGooner11

GPA: 4.00
LSAT: 170
Softs: Currently volunteering in Vietnam; Leadership positions and a Court internship in undergrad but nothing too special

Favorite Reach: Stanford (super-reach)
Favorite Targets: Columbia and Chicago
Safety: UT (I'm from Texas), Duke, UCLA
Others: Harvard, Georgetown, NYU

Mostly based my application decisions on location and narrowed down to mostly T14. I've received fee waivers from several schools I might not have put an application in for (NYU most recently), so I'll be applying to around 12-14 schools and seeing where acceptances/$$$ come from before making final decision.

Thoughts on admission chances are appreciated :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”