Duke priority track

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
seivan09

Duke priority track

Postby seivan09 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Hello,

I'm currently an undergrad looking at law schools. One of the schools I'm currently looking at is Duke.

When doing research, I came upon a thing called priority track, my question is how does this work? Does one have to get invited to apply, or can anyone apply? Also, do you have to have stellar grades to apply? Any and all help is greatly appreciated - thank you.

-ivan

dooterdude11

Re: Duke priority track

Postby dooterdude11 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Duke invites people who have a fairly high LSAT score (165 +, maybe higher?) and G.P.A to apply via their priority track, which essentially guarantees the candidate a decision within ten days of submitting the application.

If you're invited to apply via priority track, you have a very good chance of acceptance. They also waive your application fee.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:49 pm

dooterdude11 wrote:Duke invites people who have a fairly high LSAT score (165 +, maybe higher?) and G.P.A to apply via their priority track, which essentially guarantees the candidate a decision within ten days of submitting the application.

If you're invited to apply via priority track, you have a very good chance of acceptance. They also waive your application fee.

More around 170+, but yeah, everything else he said.

anstone1988

Postby anstone1988 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:53 pm

If you have 175+ and 3.9+, would Duke YP you if you apply through the priority track? If Duke YP you in September, that would set a bad tone for the cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”