Advice and thoughts, on a few questions. please. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BULlaw

New

Advice and thoughts, on a few questions. please.

Post by BULlaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:55 am

Career path in Finance and Law. Thinking about transferring to UF's distance learning program over my current university. Here are some follow up questions. Also if anyone one would know, does a UF BSBA-Fin concentration look better than a mid tier Finance degree?

Will having over 120 credits look bad?
Will going to distance learning look bad?
What is the best online school?
(I know its been discussed before, but particular to my situation)
How much weight does volunteering get?
Do Law school value curriculum or GPA more?
Last edited by BULlaw on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

glitched

Silver

Re: Wondering what will affect law choices & what undergrad UNIV

Post by glitched » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:22 am

wtf is going on? seriously.

you're going to go to a finance grad school and then go to law school afterwards? what are you trying to accomplish here? you say "ilovefinancetrustmeiloveitidoseriouslyilovefinance. But law is right for me." Law != finance. seriously just stay at your school (as long as its accredited or whatever) and get a good GPA - this and a good lsat score will get you into a good law school. If you don't want to go to law school, then go to a better school so it will be easier for you to find a finance job straight out of undergrad.

edit: wtf is juco? i'm pretty sure it's junior college but i've never heard it called juco.
Last edited by glitched on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:25 am

What?

Just graduate, get as high of a Gpa as possible, and get a solid LSAT and you'll be good.

They really don't care about how or why you do it.
Last edited by NYC Law on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BULlaw

New

Re: Advice and thoughts, on a few questions. please.

Post by BULlaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:29 am

Whoops, sorry about that. Just don't want to screw up, and got to over thinking.

BULlaw

New

Post by BULlaw » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:37 am

glitched wrote:wtf is going on? seriously.

you're going to go to a finance grad school and then go to law school afterwards? what are you trying to accomplish here? you say "ilovefinancetrustmeiloveitidoseriouslyilovefinance. But law is right for me." Law != finance. seriously just stay at your school (as long as its accredited or whatever) and get a good GPA - this and a good lsat score will get you into a good law school. If you don't want to go to law school, then go to a better school so it will be easier for you to find a finance job straight out of undergrad.

edit: wtf is juco? i'm pretty sure it's junior college but i've never heard it called juco.
you're going to go to a finance grad school and then go to law school afterwards?
I can't say for sure, and I wouldn't mind.
I plan on working in securities law or securities analysis. I am new obviously, I didn't know how many people here are familiar with finance career paths. I just trying to make it known that both are relevant. I don't like my current school all that much, maybe could have done more looking into. I do better with online classes, and I don't want to transfer again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”