Transcript Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wightjm

Transcript Question

Postby wightjm » Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 pm

As a high school student I took two community college courses as part of an extended high school course. These "credits" I earned from this Community college transferred over to my UG institution.

Will I have to get a transcript from this Community College sent to the LSAC, even if it is on my UG transcript and I was in High school?

JamMasterJ

Re: Transcript Question

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri May 27, 2011 10:37 pm

yes

Bobeo

Postby Bobeo » Sat May 28, 2011 8:47 am

Ok not the OP, but I have a very similar question.

Summer after my senior year of HS I studied abroad for a month at a University in Costa Rica in am exchange program through my HS. The class I took there allowed to get credit for one or two intro Spanish classes at IUB.

Do I need to get this transcript? Especially since I went through the app cycle this year and didnt even think about it?

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Bobeo wrote:Ok not the OP, but I have a very similar question.

Summer after my senior year of HS I studied abroad for a month at a University in Costa Rica in am exchange program through my HS. The class I took there allowed to get credit for one or two intro Spanish classes at IUB.

Do I need to get this transcript? Especially since I went through the app cycle this year and didnt even think about it?

Who actually awarded the credit? If it was your UG, then you're in the clear (LSAC specifically mentions this case - study abroad at a foreign institution with credit granted by your UG).

wester0

Postby wester0 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Last edited by wester0 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobeo

Postby Bobeo » Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:
Bobeo wrote:Ok not the OP, but I have a very similar question.

Who actually awarded the credit? If it was your UG, then you're in the clear (LSAC specifically mentions this case - study abroad at a foreign institution with credit granted by your UG).

It was the UG. Thank you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”