LSDAS GPA Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JustSomebody

LSDAS GPA Question

Postby JustSomebody » Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 pm

My undergrad GPA is 3.84 but my LSDAS GPA is 3.94 (My school gives out A+s and I don't think it's a "joke" school or anything).

So my question is... Since the only reason I make that rather large GPA jump is due to getting 27 credits of A+s, is my cycle likely to play out the way my LSDAS GPA and LSAT score predict it will? Or do you think that Adcomms will see the large jump in GPA, realize it is due to A+s which many undergrad institutions don't even put on the transcript, and evaluate my app as though it is closer to the 3.84 GPA? Obviously I'm hoping for the former case but I realize it may not exactly seem fair.

Gideon Strumpet

Re: LSDAS GPA Question

Postby Gideon Strumpet » Fri May 20, 2011 10:53 pm

JustSomebody wrote:is my cycle likely to play out the way my LSDAS GPA and LSAT score predict it will?

Yes.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri May 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Gideon Strumpet wrote:
JustSomebody wrote:is my cycle likely to play out the way my LSDAS GPA and LSAT score predict it will?

Yes.

pwyoung

Postby pwyoung » Sat May 21, 2011 1:15 am

Schools get to report the LSDAS GPA. That's what matters to them.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 am

JustSomebody wrote:My undergrad GPA is 3.84 but my LSDAS GPA is 3.94 (My school gives out A+s and I don't think it's a "joke" school or anything).

So my question is... Since the only reason I make that rather large GPA jump is due to getting 27 credits of A+s, is my cycle likely to play out the way my LSDAS GPA and LSAT score predict it will? Or do you think that Adcomms will see the large jump in GPA, realize it is due to A+s which many undergrad institutions don't even put on the transcript, and evaluate my app as though it is closer to the 3.84 GPA? Obviously I'm hoping for the former case but I realize it may not exactly seem fair.

Lucky fucking bastard.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”