scholarship opportunity for internationals

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
futurehero

scholarship opportunity for internationals

Postby futurehero » Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi,

I've been reading posts about scholarship opportunities (or loan opportunities) for international students, and it seems like chances are pretty slim. As I know, most of the merit-based scholarships such as Hamilton in columbia do not specifically stipulate that foreigners are not eligible. But I also think there might be an invisible barrier that prevents foreigners from entering the top american institutions without paying full tuition. Do any of you guys know international students who actually got scholarship from top law schools? are there any statistics?

I am from one of the most overrepresented countries in asia so I am at serious disadvantage. But my numbers are very good. I take lsat in june, and if I get what I usually get in prep tests(or even a little bit below), my numbers are lock in for HYS. I also graduated from one of HYPSM. Taking all these into account, do you guys think I have chances for merit-based scholarship in ccn?

Knock

Re: scholarship opportunity for internationals

Postby Knock » Thu May 19, 2011 9:00 pm

futurehero wrote:Hi,

I've been reading posts about scholarship opportunities (or loan opportunities) for international students, and it seems like chances are pretty slim. As I know, most of the merit-based scholarships such as Hamilton in columbia do not specifically stipulate that foreigners are not eligible. But I also think there might be an invisible barrier that prevents foreigners from entering the top american institutions without paying full tuition. Do any of you guys know international students who actually got scholarship from top law schools? are there any statistics?

I am from one of the most overrepresented countries in asia so I am at serious disadvantage. But my numbers are very good. I take lsat in june, and if I get what I usually get in prep tests(or even a little bit below), my numbers are lock in for HYS. I also graduated from one of HYPSM. Taking all these into account, do you guys think I have chances for merit-based scholarship in ccn?

I know international students that received large merit scholarships at top law schools. If you have the numbers for it you will be in contention for it, it's not like they're not going to consider you because you are an international.

Get a real LSAT score first though before you ask if you have a chance for a merit based scholarship from CCN.

Also, HYPSM? Blatant Michigan or MIT trolling?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”