Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby risktaker » Sun May 15, 2011 8:53 pm

So I sent in a LOCI to two schools that I did not hear from in ages. A week or so later, I ended up getting wait listed. I already said everything I wanted to about why I want to attend the two schools. What do I do now? Should I send another LOCI with very very very specific things about why I like each school or just don't do anything? I already sent an updated resume with new info. All responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby risktaker » Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 pm

bump. Please, any sort of advice would be appreciated.

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby animalcrkrs » Sun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Send another one immediately. Consider picking one and going balls-to-the-wall for it, saying straight up if they accept you you'll absolutely go no matter what (if you would)-- this might up your chances if they are sure you're a sure thing.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby risktaker » Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Alright, so the thing is that I already went balls to the wall for one of the WL schools. The two schools that I mentioned here are not my #1 choices. Should I still send another LOCI? Would it be that awful to say that you would attend if accepted and then you don't end up accepting the offer when they admit you?

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby animalcrkrs » Sun May 15, 2011 9:28 pm

risktaker wrote:Alright, so the thing is that I already went balls to the wall for one of the WL schools. The two schools that I mentioned here are not my #1 choices. Should I still send another LOCI? Would it be that awful to say that you would attend if accepted and then you don't end up accepting the offer when they admit you?


IMO I would not say I would definitely attend if accepted and then NOT attend if accepted, but I think you'll find pepole with different views on that...but my take is that you should only do that balls-to-the-wall move with one school that is actually your top choice.

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby risktaker » Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Thanks for the help. So does that mean I should not bother to send another LOCI to the other two wait list schools?

User avatar
animalcrkrs
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby animalcrkrs » Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 pm

No, for sure still send them, just express your great continued interest etc.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?

Postby Cupidity » Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Hard copy, hand signed, LOCI. 3 Sentences tops.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: earldasquirel, Google [Bot], xn3345 and 8 guests