GPA/addendum question!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hussaa

GPA/addendum question!

Postby hussaa » Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Hey Guys,

I am in a peculiar situation, and I was hoping someone could help me out. In my first year of university, I was asked to withdraw based on low grades which were caused by undiagnosed ADHD. I know this already puts me in a bad spot with a few schools, but my grades have shown an upward trend, and I will be writing an addendum (and am considering attaching a letter by the doctor who diagnosed me).
My question is would the LSAC GPA incorporate the grades from my first year of university?
Is there any chance that schools would not take into account my first year grades (if I was to include a plea in the addendum)?

Thanks in advance!

dr123

Re: GPA/addendum question!

Postby dr123 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:35 pm

hussaa wrote:Hey Guys,

I am in a peculiar situation, and I was hoping someone could help me out. In my first year of university, I was asked to withdraw based on low grades which were caused by undiagnosed ADHD. I know this already puts me in a bad spot with a few schools, but my grades have shown an upward trend, and I will be writing an addendum (and am considering attaching a letter by the doctor who diagnosed me).
My question is would the LSAC GPA incorporate the grades from my first year of university?
Is there any chance that schools would not take into account my first year grades (if I was to include a plea in the addendum)?

Thanks in advance!

yes
no

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Unfortunately, it's going to be that hard GPA number they're going to be looking for. That's going to include your first year grades.

An addendum will help and while they won't overlook your grades completely, they may take it into account when making the decision. You're going to need to score a few points higher than your top school's LSAT median no matter what, though.

hussaa

Postby hussaa » Thu May 19, 2011 3:25 am

Thank you for your answers!

Just a clarification thought, the grades from first year are from a different university than the one which is granting me my BA degree. Also, I took a non-credit university level course at Harvard summer a few years, do I need to inform LSAC about this?

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu May 19, 2011 4:06 am

hussaa wrote:Just a clarification thought, the grades from first year are from a different university than the one which is granting me my BA degree.

They still count and will be included by LSAC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”