Does LSAT submit applications instantly? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Silver

Does LSAT submit applications instantly?

Post by BillsFan9907 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm taking the October LSAT, and expect my score to come back right before November starts. This is about the time when most of the schools I'm looking at begin look at applications. So if I finalize my applications immediately after the scores come in, will the be instantly received electronically by the schools or is there some administrative stuff that has to be done first?

The Gentleman

Silver

Re: Does LSAT submit applications instantly?

Post by The Gentleman » Sat May 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Seoulless wrote:I'm taking the October LSAT, and expect my score to come back right before November starts. This is about the time when most of the schools I'm looking at begin look at applications. So if I finalize my applications immediately after the scores come in, will the be instantly received electronically by the schools or is there some administrative stuff that has to be done first?
Are you trying to ask how long the delay is between submitting an application via LSAC and the school completing your application? The answer is that it really depends on the school. Some schools are able to complete your application by the next business day while others can take up to three to four months (cough, cough... Michigan & Cornell) Most of the time, it only takes LSAC a few hours to finish electronically transmitting your application to a school.

Magnolia

Silver

Re: Does LSAT submit applications instantly?

Post by Magnolia » Sat May 14, 2011 1:30 pm

There's a lot of variation. Some schools request you application electronically, and some request LSAC mail them a paper copy. Some schools process applications quickly once they're received, others take forfuckingever. I would pop on over to the Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists subforum and peruse through the threads of schools you're considering. Skip to the end of October and see when people who took the October LSAT report going complete. You'll get a pretty good idea of which schools are fast, or at least mildly transparent (GULC, W&L) and which are slow and miserably opaque (Cornell, Columbia, UCLA, USC, etc).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”