Which top schools read applications before Nov?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BillsFan9907

Which top schools read applications before Nov?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm leaning towards taking the LSAT in October because it would most likely mean the difference between a 173 in June and a 180 in October. Every point helps when you are applying to a top school.

Are there any top 10 schools that actually look at applications before November? If I remember correctly, Harvard doesn't look at apps until after Thanksgiving break, right?

Kabuo

Re: Which top schools read applications before Nov?

Postby Kabuo » Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Easy way to check this would be to look at who has accepted people before them. I know UVA does but I'm not looking at the rest of them for you. Also, gl and all, but lol @ expecting a 180 through postponing.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri May 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Seoulless wrote:I'm leaning towards taking the LSAT in October because it would most likely mean the difference between a 173 in June and a 180 in October. Every point helps when you are applying to a top school.

Are there any top 10 schools that actually look at applications before November? If I remember correctly, Harvard doesn't look at apps until after Thanksgiving break, right?

Take the October LSAT. Applying in November is still plenty early and won't hurt you. Even a 1 point increase would easily justify taking the October LSAT over the June.

Harvard, however, is one of the top schools that does have action before Thanksgiving break. They start sending out JR1 invites in October if I remember correctly and do their first big batch of acceptances right around September Thanksgiving.
Last edited by Knock on Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Knock wrote:
Seoulless wrote:I'm leaning towards taking the LSAT in October because it would most likely mean the difference between a 173 in June and a 180 in October. Every point helps when you are applying to a top school.

Take the October LSAT. Applying in November is still plenty early and won't hurt you. Even a 1 point increase would easily justify taking the October LSAT over the June.

Harvard, however, is one of the top schools that does have action before Thanksgiving break. They start sending out JR1 invites in October if I remember correctly and do their first big batch of acceptances right around September.

Thanks dude - you are always a reliable and timely source when it comes to Harvard...

I think you meant that people start getting accepted in November and get their JR1s in October right?

"When does Harvard Law School begin accepting applications?
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible after September 15. Please note that no application will be considered before early November, however, and few applicants will receive a decision before December. The majority of applicants will receive decisions after January. Applications are considered roughly in the order in which they are completed beginning in November"

http://www.law.harvard.edu/prospective/ ... _accepting

kwais

Postby kwais » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

No

The Kid

Postby The Kid » Fri May 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm also curious about the following: if he applies early in September and at the same time registers for the October LSAT, will schools suspend the review of his application? Again, should he warn schools that they should put him on hold? I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible that a school accept him between September and the release of the new score.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

The Kid wrote:I'm also curious about the following: if he applies early in September and at the same time registers for the October LSAT, will schools suspend the review of his application? Again, should he warn schools that they should put him on hold? I'm trying to figure out whether it is possible that a school accept him between September and the release of the new score.

They'll probably wait until his new score, but as soon as his score is released he will go complete and so he will get ahead of most other October LSAT takers.

seoulless wrote:Thanks dude - you are always a reliable and timely source when it comes to Harvard...

I think you meant that people start getting accepted in November and get their JR1s in October right?

"When does Harvard Law School begin accepting applications?
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible after September 15. Please note that no application will be considered before early November, however, and few applicants will receive a decision before December. The majority of applicants will receive decisions after January. Applications are considered roughly in the order in which they are completed beginning in November"

Yeah, I meant first batch of acceptances around Thanksgiving.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”