Question...Please Help!!!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Perry2jm26

Question...Please Help!!!

Postby Perry2jm26 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:34 pm

I am new to this forum, and would appreciate any feedback that I can get.

I took the LSAT in February of 2011, I woke up the Thursday before with an awful flu, and scored a 151 on Saturday. I had been scoring consistently in the 165 region on all my practice tests, so needless to say I am taking the test again. I am trying to decide if I should take the test in June or October. In between the February test and now, I had a move, and lost a loved one that was very close to me, so I have not been on top of my studying like I would like to have been. But I have been in a good study groove for about a month now, and in a perfect world would like to postpone, and take the October test, so I have more time to prepare. I planned on applying for the spring 2012 semester, and am getting the feeling that I am not giving myself enough time to apply early if I take the October test. The next option would be to take the October test, and apply for the fall of 2012.

Do you guys think that it would be a wise idea to take the October test, and still apply for spring 2012? Or take the October test, and apply for fall 2012? Or just take the test in a couple weeks in June?

Thanks

Perry2jm26 8)

Leira7905

Re: Question...Please Help!!!

Postby Leira7905 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Study over the summer, test in October, and apply for Fall 2012 (several schools don't offer entrance for incoming Freshman in the Spring semester). Chances are, you'll do better and have more options if you wait.

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Fri May 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Leira7905 wrote:Study over the summer, test in October, and apply for Fall 2012 (several schools don't offer entrance for incoming Freshman in the Spring semester). Chances are, you'll do better and have more options if you wait.

Agreed, unless this most recent month of studying has brought you back to in to LSAT shape, but it doesn't sound like it has.

Plus, where are you applying for spring 2012?

Perry2jm26

Postby Perry2jm26 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:
Leira7905 wrote:Study over the summer, test in October, and apply for Fall 2012 (several schools don't offer entrance for incoming Freshman in the Spring semester). Chances are, you'll do better and have more options if you wait.

Agreed, unless this most recent month of studying has brought you back to in to LSAT shape, but it doesn't sound like it has.

Plus, where are you applying for spring 2012?

I am from Southern California...and I am going to be applying to Cal Western, Thomas Jefferson, Western State, and Chapman. I know that they are not extremely big schools, and I might even be able to get in with my 3.0 gpa, and 151 LSAT, but I KNOW I can do better on the LSAT. I was not all there for the one in February.

Thank you for the advice. It is much appreciated.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”