Admissions consultant

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: Admissions consultant

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
mths wrote:
sdwhodat wrote:Why is Camelot a topic?

Also how the hell did this website change so much since last night? (Granted the only section I was looking at was GPA because I was momentarily panicked about a B in a grad course, but I can't even FIND that section anymore...)

^ this is really fishy

also your grad school GPA doesn't count in law school admissions

Who told you this? Sure it doesn't count for your LSAC GPA but I'm pretty sure if me and you were similar canididates and I have a 4.0 in a Berkeley Psych Masters and you have a 2.5 at Southwest Oklahoma State's MBA program I'm sure that would give me an advantage over you. Maybe Master's GPA doesn't count that much because the grads are normally inflated but you doing terrible in a masters program doesn't look good and could possibly ruin an otherwise stellar application.

Full dislcosure: This is based off of friends cycles and a couple of admissions people I know at a UC system law school. Not sure if it's true for all law schools but it seems logical.

This is true. I wouldn't admit that Berkeley Psych major either. That OKS MBA doods probably chill though.

Postby nphsbuckeye » Thu May 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:And hahahahaha at her website design.

The '90s called, and they want their web development back.

Postby sundance95 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:12 pm

This really makes no sense. She doesn't want money, yet she wants control over where you go and apply to? This makes no sense. I do admissions consulting and there's no way I'd do it for free-what would be the point? Also, why would I care where you wanted to apply to? As long as I you gave an honest assessment as to your chances, more power to you.

ETA: LOL, how about this quote from her site:
Clients may not apply to some schools on their own and others through this service. If a client submits any applications outside of my purview, I will be unable to speak to any admissions officers on behalf of that client.

Hi, UVA admissions? I'm calling on behalf of my client... :lol: :arrow: :shock:

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Best part of that entire site:

Taylor was my Houston client, I'm pretty sure. I know I had one, and he's the only guy I can think of.

Well, that's reassuring.

Postby ebo » Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm

0L disclaimer here, but if you need an admissions consultant to get through the process of applying to schools, maybe you should be doing something else with your life. It's not exactly rocket surgery. Literally any possible question you could have has already been asked and answered on TLS

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu May 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Unfortunately, the advice is often conflicting & piecemeal. An advantage in using an admissions consultant is to present yourself in a consistent manner with a plan.

Postby sdwhodat » Thu May 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Last edited by sdwhodat on Thu May 12, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sdwhodat » Thu May 12, 2011 4:49 pm

ebo wrote: It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Rockets need surgery? WOAH!

Postby protein » Thu May 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Last spring, Singley ordered security guards to eject law graduate Loretta DeLoggio from the law school building, Klein Hall, at Broad and Montgomery Streets. As a student, DeLoggio, former president of the student bar association, had been accused of a disciplinary-code violation. As a result, Singley had refused to certify her moral character - an action that effectively prevents a law graduate from taking the state bar exam to become a lawyer.

DeLoggio requested a formal hearing with state officials last spring to seek permission to take the bar exam. When she went into the law school building to contact professors and gather information for her defense, Singley ordered security guards to eject her. ... endation/3

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”