Removing a Previous School from LSAC profile

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
avarial

Removing a Previous School from LSAC profile

Postby avarial » Mon May 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Alright, not sure if I'm asking this question in the right forum or whatnot, but here's my predicament:

On my LSAC profile, I selected two universities that I have attended, as per instruction. However, when I attended the first school (hereto referred to as "School A") for 2 years (my freshman and sophomore year), I received less than stellar grades and due to some serious personal issues, decided to leave that school in lieu of another one. At this particular school ("School B"), my overall GPA is great, and after 4 extra years of basically starting over new at this school I have improved my grades dramatically.

However, my GPA from School A is dragging down my overall GPA and marring the academic achievements I have completed at School B. What's more, the courses I took during my first two years at School A aren't even relevant to law school in any way. I am essentially kicking myself because I should have just neglected to select School A as a previous university on my LSAC profile. I called LSAC and asked if there was any way I could have School A removed from my history, but the person I talked to said it was not possible.

TL;DR - Does anyone know of any conceivable way I could remove a school I have attended from my LSAC account so that law schools can't see those two horrible years of my life and the subsequent GPA I bear as a result? Maybe I can call School A directly and have them...forget I ever went there? Ugh.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer, I'm feeling pretty lousy right about now.

notanumber

Re: Removing a Previous School from LSAC profile

Postby notanumber » Mon May 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Unfortunately those grades will stick with you through the process. It's good that you didn't "forget" to include them because that would constitute lying on your application and could really come back to bite you in the ass down the road. It sucks that LSAC doesn't have a "statute of limitations" for shitty grades like they do with the LSAT, but such is life. Write a GPA addendum and hope for the best.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon May 09, 2011 5:10 pm

The recalculate your GPA from all undergraduate institutions attended. It's for the best that you included this school on your profile, because if you hadn't and hadn't submitted transcripts from this school, LSAC/your law schools may have discovered it and it would've been a problem.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon May 09, 2011 5:11 pm

No, there is no way to remove the school. As a part of your applications, you will be required to submit transcripts for every college you have attended. Even if you hadn't listed it on your LSAC profile initially, you would still have to provide the transcript. There is no way around it.

fundamentallybroken

Postby fundamentallybroken » Mon May 09, 2011 5:29 pm

notanumber wrote:Unfortunately those grades will stick with you through the process. It's good that you didn't "forget" to include them because that would constitute lying on your application and could really come back to bite you in the ass down the road. It sucks that LSAC doesn't have a "statute of limitations" for shitty grades like they do with the LSAT, but such is life. Write a GPA addendum and hope for the best.

TITCR. They ask for all schools prior to earning your undergrad - providing anything less is tantamount to lying on your application.

krasivaya

Postby krasivaya » Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

All undergrad courses back to that community college class you took when you were 16 count.

LSAC doesn't seem to take personal growth into account :|

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

avarial wrote:What's more, the courses I took during my first two years at School A aren't even relevant to law school in any way.

lol

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”