Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ComatoseClown
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby ComatoseClown » Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Of the T-14 law schools, which admissions department has the most smooth, streamlined, and problem-free online portal/interface?
In addition, which admissions department, if it is distinguishable among the T-14, responds the most happily, clearly, and promptly to any of your questions to their admissions department?

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby glitched » Mon May 02, 2011 11:51 pm

ComatoseClown wrote:Of the T-14 law schools, which admissions department has the most smooth, streamlined, and problem-free online portal/interface?
In addition, which admissions department, if it is distinguishable among the T-14, responds the most happily, clearly, and promptly to any of your questions to their admissions department?


what?

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Is this some kind of survey? Who are you collecting information for?

scammedhard
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby scammedhard » Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

RETAKE

ComatoseClown
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby ComatoseClown » Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 am

Is this some kind of survey? Who are you collecting information for?


Myself when I apply next cycle. I'm fed up with the public undergrad universities' horrendous administrations that don't give proper notice and have horrible employees that hate answering questions such as "have you received my scores yet." I just wanted a heads up on which law schools departments are smooth and which aren't.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 am

ComatoseClown wrote:
Is this some kind of survey? Who are you collecting information for?


Myself when I apply next cycle. I'm fed up with the public undergrad universities' horrendous administrations that don't give proper notice and have horrible employees that hate answering questions such as "have you received my scores yet." I just wanted a heads up on which law schools departments are smooth and which aren't.


That's definitely the way to choose a law school.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby beachbum » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 am

I hear Cornell is pretty good.

User avatar
powerlawyer06
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby powerlawyer06 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:11 am

ComatoseClown wrote:Of the T-14 law schools, which admissions department has the most smooth, streamlined, and problem-free online portal/interface?
In addition, which admissions department, if it is distinguishable among the T-14, responds the most happily, clearly, and promptly to any of your questions to their admissions department?


None.

All of this definitely depends on the applicant and the situation. They are all alot nicer to you once you have been accepted.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am

I've called and emailed Northwestern multiple times and always gotten prompt replies.

User avatar
niederbomb
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby niederbomb » Tue May 03, 2011 1:14 am

1. Penn

2. Chicago

3. Not Georgetown

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 am

beachbum wrote:I hear Cornell is pretty good.

Cornell's slow with decisions but their admissions and finaid departments have been very responsive when I've talked with them.

doublefocus4
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby doublefocus4 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 am

Definitely not Cornell.

User avatar
almightypush
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby almightypush » Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 am

powerlawyer06 wrote:They are all alot nicer to you once you have been accepted.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby 071816 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:46 am

Who gives a shit?

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am

All of them because they all want your money.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby kwais » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 am

This does matter. I had a free ride at Michigan, but had a few bad experiences with their technology. I now will proudly be attending Wake Forest w/7k per year. It matters.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby 071816 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:57 am

kwais wrote:This does matter. I had a free ride at Michigan, but had a few bad experiences with their technology. I now will proudly be attending Wake Forest w/7k per year. It matters.


Lol what? What happened?

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby weejonbu » Tue May 03, 2011 8:58 am

kwais wrote:This does matter. I had a free ride at Michigan, but had a few bad experiences with their technology. I now will proudly be attending Wake Forest w/7k per year. It matters.


Are you SERIOUS?

Your downward slide in life has begun. Congratulations.

p.s. Wake --> UMich????????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHH

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby kwais » Tue May 03, 2011 9:02 am

I'm telling you, I had to reset my password twice, so I was like, screw you Mich, I can do better elsewhere. Kudos OP for bringing up this little discussed issue.

User avatar
almightypush
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby almightypush » Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 am

weejonbu wrote:
kwais wrote:This does matter. I had a free ride at Michigan, but had a few bad experiences with their technology. I now will proudly be attending Wake Forest w/7k per year. It matters.


Are you SERIOUS?

Your downward slide in life has begun. Congratulations.

p.s. Wake --> UMich????????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHH


--ImageRemoved--

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby 071816 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:04 am

kwais wrote:I'm telling you, I had to reset my password twice, so I was like, screw you Mich, I can do better elsewhere. Kudos OP for bringing up this little discussed issue.


This is a pretty pathetic attempt at a flame.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby kwais » Tue May 03, 2011 9:06 am

chimp wrote:
kwais wrote:I'm telling you, I had to reset my password twice, so I was like, screw you Mich, I can do better elsewhere. Kudos OP for bringing up this little discussed issue.


This is a pretty pathetic attempt at a flame.


Yikes. One click away on my profile would have confirmed this. You have a sweet sense of humor.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby 071816 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 am

kwais wrote:
chimp wrote:
kwais wrote:I'm telling you, I had to reset my password twice, so I was like, screw you Mich, I can do better elsewhere. Kudos OP for bringing up this little discussed issue.


This is a pretty pathetic attempt at a flame.


Yikes. One click away on my profile would have confirmed this. You have a sweet sense of humor.


Thanks Tim.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby kwais » Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 am

chimp wrote:
kwais wrote:
chimp wrote:
kwais wrote:I'm telling you, I had to reset my password twice, so I was like, screw you Mich, I can do better elsewhere. Kudos OP for bringing up this little discussed issue.


This is a pretty pathetic attempt at a flame.


Yikes. One click away on my profile would have confirmed this. You have a sweet sense of humor.


Thanks Tim.


no prob bob

User avatar
Eviix
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: Online admission portals - which T-14 has the smoothest?

Postby Eviix » Tue May 03, 2011 2:01 pm

niederbomb wrote:1. Penn

2. Chicago

3. Not Georgetown

Georgetown UG is bad too :)




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK and 9 guests