Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
powerlawyer06

Bronze

Re: Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

Postby powerlawyer06 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

aliarrow wrote:Done and done
--ImageRemoved--

Did you just out yourself on TLS?

Ali Smithson?

Edit: I will delete if you ask me too, but I am legitimately wondering if you meant to do this?
Last edited by powerlawyer06 on Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Postby ResolutePear » Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:
aliarrow wrote:Done and done
--ImageRemoved--

Ali?

Why not - images aren't indexed by Google, but text is. You just said his name.. so he's outted through a google search now.

Anyways, AIG? Aren't you giving them a bit too much credit?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon May 02, 2011 10:51 pm

ResolutePear wrote:Why not - images aren't indexed by Google, but text is. You just said his name.. so he's outted through a google search now.

Seriously doubt that's a real name. After all, aren't LSAC numbers generally 8 digits?

Also, what's with lauding the actions of the OP? I thought needling people online when it will accomplish nothing and only serves to give someone a boner for himself was usually left to 12-year-olds and posts on TLS?

glitched

Silver

Postby glitched » Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 pm

wait... so... let me get this straight. OP sent a "not nice" email to a TTTT, who then forwarded it to the top 14 schools, who then emailed back OP with a better scholarship offer?

interesting.

niederbomb

Silver

Postby niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm

glitched wrote:wait... so... let me get this straight. OP sent a "not nice" email to a TTTT, who then forwarded it to the top 14 schools, who then emailed back OP with a better scholarship offer?

interesting.

I don't think there was a connection. Maybe the offer would have been even better had it not been for the TTTT email. But the appearance of something different made me smile a little.
Last edited by niederbomb on Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrose5

Silver

Postby jrose5 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm

glitched wrote:wait... so... let me get this straight. OP sent a "not nice" email to a TTTT, who then forwarded it to the top 14 schools, who then emailed back OP with a better scholarship offer?

interesting.

Interesting and sad that the school would take the time to engage in an email war with an applicant. Kind of does confirm their bottom-of-the-rung status. They must not have enough apps to attend to.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:Why not - images aren't indexed by Google, but text is. You just said his name.. so he's outted through a google search now.

Seriously doubt that's a real name. After all, aren't LSAC numbers generally 8 digits?

Also, what's with lauding the actions of the OP? I thought needling people online when it will accomplish nothing and only serves to give someone a boner for himself was usually left to 12-year-olds and posts on TLS?

you're on a roll today homie

aliarrow

Silver

Postby aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:

Ali Smithson?

Edit: I will delete if you ask me too, but I am legitimately wondering if you meant to do this?

Nah you're good. My first name isn't even Ali, it's Al.

dakatz

Gold

Postby dakatz » Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 pm

niederbomb wrote:

interesting.

I don't think there was a connection. Maybe the offer would have been even better had it not been for the TTTT email. But the appearance of something different made me smile a little.

Send a followup. Reaffirm that they are scummy losers, and how a "real school" gave you a scholarship increase because of it. Give em a big sarcastic and ironic thank you note.

aliarrow

Silver

Postby aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 11:24 pm

dakatz wrote:Send a followup. Reaffirm that they are scummy losers, and how a "real school" gave you a scholarship increase because of it. Give em a big sarcastic and ironic thank you note.

I'd try doubling down and just send them a giant picture of an ass.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon May 02, 2011 11:26 pm

add a fist for triple points.

niederbomb

Silver

Postby niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm

aliarrow wrote:
dakatz wrote:Send a followup. Reaffirm that they are scummy losers, and how a "real school" gave you a scholarship increase because of it. Give em a big sarcastic and ironic thank you note.

I'd try doubling down and just send them a giant picture of an ass.

Nope, as a successful stock investor, I know how to cut and run and cash out while I'm in the black.

Price spikes are typically followed by valleys.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�