Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rurik

Bronze

Re: Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

Post by Rurik » Mon May 02, 2011 5:41 pm

krasivaya wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:There's an easy solution to this:

1) Learn how to hax.

2) Hax the email server.

3) Wipe email lists.

4) Drop out of T14 and enroll into MIT.
I have a feeling you'd benefit from your own advice ;)

I learned this lesson a long time ago. Newspaper called me three times a day asking if I wanted to subscribe. After three months I finally snapped on one of their salespeople. They now call me ten times a day. I've blocked five of their numbers and they just keep finding new ones.

NYT online has never done this to me. No wonder newspapers are dying.
USA Today? I got a free subscription from them once, canceled the free subscription (says a lot about their newspaper), and they have been hounding me for roughly three years now to re-subscribe.

krasivaya

Bronze

Post by krasivaya » Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Rurik wrote:
krasivaya wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:There's an easy solution to this:

1) Learn how to hax.

2) Hax the email server.

3) Wipe email lists.

4) Drop out of T14 and enroll into MIT
I have a feeling you'd benefit from your own advice ;)

I learned this lesson a long time ago. Newspaper called me three times a day asking if I wanted to subscribe. After three months I finally snapped on one of their salespeople. They now call me ten times a day. I've blocked five of their numbers and they just keep finding new ones.

NYT online has never done this to me. No wonder newspapers are dying.
USA Today? I got a free subscription from them once, canceled the free subscription (says a lot about their newspaper), and they have been hounding me for roughly three years now to re-subscribe.
Nah, just some local paper. I have a feeling all of them are TTTT desperate right now though. And dude, USA Today is horrible. I wouldn't even read it when I got it for free while living in a hotel.

@DoubleChecks: I know right? And I'm pretty sure they're stalking me too. They *always* manage to call when my phone's on ring in class. Or repeatedly when I'm on an interview call. It's creeepy.
Last edited by krasivaya on Tue May 03, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

krasivaya wrote: @DoubleChecks: I know right? And I'm pretty sure they're stalking me too. They *always* manage to call when my phone's on ring in class. Or repeatedly when I'm on an interview call. It's creeepy.
lol i honestly dont know enough about this, but my natural inclination to sue would make me sue them if i were you :P

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm

OP has huge cojones.

amonynous_ivdinidual

New

Post by amonynous_ivdinidual » Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm

OP, this will have no effect on your future. none. less than zero.

in fact, if i were in a position to interview you, i'd shout "hire this man!" ala george steinbrenner on "seinfeld." you're just saying what we're all thinking.

a tip of the cap to you and your brass ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AvaMaria

New

Post by AvaMaria » Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

DeeCee wrote:
czelede wrote:
niederbomb wrote:
We obtained your name and contact information lawfully from the Law School Admission Council, and we have used it in accordance with their Candidate Referral Service (CRS) policies. My suggestion to you is to update your LSAC profile to indicate that you no longer wish to be listed on the CRS – this will save you from receiving messages like this one.
This is untrue - I changed my CRS profile soon after all my applications were sent out, and the schools that had begun spamming me prior to that continued to spam me afterwards. Three emails in one hour from the University of Tulsa :O
I changed mine too and they still kept sending emails as well.
Also, I hate when there is not a "take me off your list" button.....some have it, some don't
can u provide a link or a rough page# to where sh1t went down in the UNC thread?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 7:36 pm

AvaMaria wrote:
can u provide a link or a rough page# to where sh1t went down in the UNC thread?
You are allowed the say the word "shit" in threads here. Also, here's the thread:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p4361204

I'm not going to look up the last 70+ pages to find the beef for you though, since it was so long ago-- you'll have to look for it if you're interested. I just know what happened because I keep in close contact with my future classmates there.

AvaMaria

New

Post by AvaMaria » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

DeeCee wrote:
AvaMaria wrote:
You are allowed the say the word "shit" in threads here. Also, here's the thread:

I'm not going to look up the last 70+ pages to find the beef for you though, since it was so long ago-- you'll have to look for it if you're interested. I just know what happened because I keep in close contact with my future classmates there.
how abt do u rmber the username of the user who got the call?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 pm

AvaMaria wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
AvaMaria wrote:

how abt do u rmber the username of the user who got the call?
I really don't.....you should just look through the thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 pm

That wasn't it but still,
AvaMaria, plz type gud english
Last edited by aliarrow on Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Mon May 02, 2011 8:07 pm

AvaMaria wrote:how abt do u rmber the username of the user who got the call?
Here it is:
Just wanted y'all to know that Jennifer Kott was, indeed, able to out me, and just called me at my parent's house. She is a frequent reader of this thread, and encourages us to talk to Dean States if we have any specific questions.
by "qed2011" and "Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm" on Page 47 of "UNC 2011 Applicants."

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

scammedhard wrote:
Here it is:
Just wanted y'all to know that Jennifer Kott was, indeed, able to out me, and just called me at my parent's house. She is a frequent reader of this thread, and encourages us to talk to Dean States if we have any specific questions.
by "qed2011" and "Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 pm" on Page 47 of "UNC 2011 Applicants."
thanks scammedhard! :D

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Please dear lord, say this man is coming to Penn!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:38 pm

]
Last edited by 98234872348 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rose711

Bronze

Post by rose711 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Wow I thought you at least cursed at them. I guess the truth hurts. I feel like spamming them now with all my alias gmail accounts. And, I think I shall. :D

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

rose711 wrote:Wow I thought you at least cursed at them. I guess the truth hurts. I feel like spamming them now with all my alias gmail accounts. And, I think I shall. :D
Send them a couple "Cool Story Bro"s :D

rose711

Bronze

Post by rose711 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm

I guess I should ask OP first, as I don't want to cause him more problems. After all it is really his name on the line, not my alias accounts.
But I don't think spamming them a little bit will hurt OP. Somehow I think they will hear about this thread anyway.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 pm

scammedhard wrote:
Here it is:
Okay, I do think it's a little much to get all up in arms and lecture an applicant over the phone for the glaringly offensive use of the word "ridiculous".

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 10:21 pm

rose wrote:
I guess I should ask OP first, as I don't want to cause him more problems. After all it is really his name on the line, not my alias accounts.
But I don't think spamming them a little bit will hurt OP. Somehow I think they will hear about this thread anyway.
If I had any intention of not outing myself, the size and interest in this thread has destroyed that hope.

However, I will clarify and say the school in question was NOT Florida Coastal, but a different 4th tier law school. Thus, if you are going to do anything like post stuff on ATL, please run it by me first in a PM and I will tell you which school it was. I don't care about embarrassing any TTTT's, but I'd rather not embarrass my future alma mater.

Also, the good news is, the T14 school that called to tell me about receiving the spiteful email from TTTT just sent another email almost doubling my scholarship - on top of the free tuition I get already. In fact, the SAME PERSON who called wrote the "heads up" scholarship email. LOL

Anyone here an expert on buying foreclosed houses? =)

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 pm

niederbomb wrote: If I had any intention of not outing myself, the size and interest in this thread has destroyed that hope.

However, I will clarify and say the school in question was NOT Florida Coastal, but a different 4th tier law school. Thus, if you are going to do anything like post stuff on ATL, please run it by me first in a PM and I will tell you which school it was. I don't care about embarrassing any TTTT's, but I'd rather not embarrass my future alma mater.

Also, the good news is, the T14 school that called to tell me about receiving the spiteful email from TTTT just sent another email almost doubling my scholarship - on top of the free tuition I get already.

:shock:
I will commence spamming all TTTTs tonight in hopes of procuring a scholarship at my top choice.

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Mon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

niederbomb wrote:Also, the good news is, the T14 school that called to tell me about receiving the spiteful email from TTTT just sent another email almost doubling my scholarship - on top of the free tuition I get already.
Awesome. Maybe the lesson here is to send nasty emails to TTTs then.
Last edited by scammedhard on Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 pm

It was McGeorge wasn't it?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Wait so texas gave you a full ride plus 60k in stipends?

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm

niederbomb wrote:
rose711 wrote:I guess I should ask OP first, as I don't want to cause him more problems. After all it is really his name on the line, not my alias accounts.
If I had any intention of not outing myself, the size and interest in this thread has destroyed that hope.

Also, the good news is, the T14 school that called to tell me about receiving the spiteful email from TTTT just sent another email almost doubling my scholarship - on top of the free tuition I get already. In fact, the SAME PERSON who called wrote the "heads up" scholarship email. LOL

hot damn. maybe i should send a few scathing emails to a TTTT. i could use a bigger scholarship...

e: you all beat me to it

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Mon May 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Done and done
--ImageRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”