Retaking while waitlisted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
georges2

Retaking while waitlisted

Postby georges2 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

So my cycle its almost over and i have been accepted to some great schools, but i have been waitlisted at Harvard, NYU and Columbia.(coincidentally my 3 dream schools) I know part of the reason is my lsat score, which was at least 5 points below my average on practice tests. I'm thinking about retaking in June to have a little edge on the wailist process. However, since i dont have a lot of time left for studying i wonder what would happen if i bomb my test? would the schools that already accepted me know about my new score? how would they know? and is it possible for them to rescind their acceptance offers if my new score is really low?

PD: Reapplying next year is not an option for many personal reasons.

JamMasterJ

Re: Retaking while waitlisted

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Double check with them, but I doubt they would do such a thing

dr123

Postby dr123 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:08 pm

how in the hell is it not an option? "I don't want to" is not a legit reason

georges2

Postby georges2 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:25 pm

dr123 wrote:how in the hell is it not an option? "I don't want to" is not a legit reason

Like I said personal reasons,It is a decision thoroughly reasoned and made. What I need are thoughts on the questions I posted.

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Sun May 01, 2011 10:33 pm

georges2 wrote:what would happen if i bomb my test? would the schools that already accepted me know about my new score? how would they know? and is it possible for them to rescind their acceptance offers if my new score is really low?

Call LSAC and ask. But my guesses are:

would the schools that already accepted me know about my new score? Yes

and is it possible for them to rescind their acceptance offers if my new score is really low? Probably not, but it is possible.

Bad LSAT feeling=Cancel.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I retook the LSAT while on multiple waiting list and while deposited at a school! Once my new and improved score came in the impact was I got off a few waitlist. Also, I called the school I was deposited at and basically said I was interested in a deferral (was already interested in one anyway) which they approved, but they were pretty obvious that they would offer me money if I decided to attend in the fall. Also, I ended up getting into and attending a school that had previously waitlisted me (they didn't go to the waitlist the year prior).

If I recall, I think I asked the school I was deposited at if they cared if I retook, and they said they didn't care one way or the other (just said I didn't do my best, and wanted to see what would happen). Other than that, no other school contacted me one way or the other about my being registered to retake the LSAT (prior to the higher score coming out that is :) )

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”