How to decline an acceptance?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Derekj032

How to decline an acceptance?

Postby Derekj032 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

What is the proper way to decline an acceptance?

BlueDiamond

Re: How to decline an acceptance?

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Do nothing

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Derekj032 wrote:What is the proper way to decline an acceptance?

Send admissions an email asking them to withdraw your application.

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Just email them and thank them but say you will attend another school. You can tell them the school if you want because they usual email you back and ask.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Derekj032 wrote:What is the proper way to decline an acceptance?

Email them asking to withdraw your application. Something along the lines of:

Good Evening,

Thank you for you generous offer of admission. However, I have decided to attend another school, and wish to withdraw my application.

Sincerely,

Name
LSAC #

Then you just BCC all the schools and withdraw from schools all at once.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:00 am

haha sounds like you had practice.

I actually wrote individual notes - I don't care that they may not care, I just wanted to be polite.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 am

BlueDiamond wrote:Do nothing

I actually thing that there is something in this answer. I did nothing and had the dean from a school ask me what it would take to get me to come there (admittedly it was TT; low 50's). I told him more money would help and he told me he would see what he would do. Nothing has come of it yet, but it was only two days ago, we'll see what happens.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 am

bport hopeful wrote:

I actually thing that there is something in this answer. I did nothing and had the dean from a school ask me what it would take to get me to come there (admittedly it was TT; low 50's). I told him more money would help and he told me he would see what he would do. Nothing has come of it yet, but it was only two days ago, we'll see what happens.

I have not experienced any direct recruiting so far from T14's, but then maybe I am not special :P

Good luck getting the money! Although I must say, if more money would get you to attend that school, you should have been more proactive ;)

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:24 am

r6_philly wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:

I have not experienced any direct recruiting so far from T14's, but then maybe I am not special :P

Good luck getting the money! Although I must say, if more money would get you to attend that school, you should have been more proactive ;)

haha yeah, I wouldnt expect it as much from a t14. And yeah, I didnt really want to go there, and already had obtained the options that I desired, it would have taken about double what they offered me, so I didnt think that it was really worth it. But if they were going to straight up ask me, well why not?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 am

bport hopeful wrote:
haha yeah, I wouldnt expect it as much from a t14. And yeah, I didnt really want to go there, and already had obtained the options that I desired, it would have taken about double what they offered me, so I didnt think that it was really worth it. But if they were going to straight up ask me, well why not?

Full scholly + stipend and a guaranteed biglaw job. Top it off with free drinks at the campus bar and a fold up bike. :)

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:27 am

Id settle for a guaranteed biglaw job.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”