Waitlist/LOCI question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
iamsinistar

Waitlist/LOCI question

Postby iamsinistar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Got waitlisted at my #1 choice. I already wrote a LOCI when they held me over from ED.

Question 1: Should I write another LOCI?

Question 2: Would it be appropriate to send them a copy of a peer-reviewed journal article I wrote which was published? (The article is very relevant to law)

boozehound

Re: Waitlist/LOCI question

Postby boozehound » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

I would.

Edit: (for both)

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 pm

boozehound wrote:I would.

Edit: (for both)

+1

save the world

Postby save the world » Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I sent in an LOCI to my top choice waitlisted school - I received a raise and would like to let them know... I'm having difficulty going about this... Any suggestions?

h0peful

Postby h0peful » Mon May 09, 2011 1:26 pm

I too already sent in a LOCI before being notified of waitlist.

I don't know what to say in my second LOCI/update. I haven't had any job/school updates.

Also - should I tell them that I would be willing to attend part time if not admitted full time? Or does that seem like I am giving up hope on being admitted FT?

I am planning to take the LSAT again in June - should I let them know in case I haven't been taken off the waitlist by July?

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 pm

save the world wrote:I sent in an LOCI to my top choice waitlisted school - I received a raise and would like to let them know... I'm having difficulty going about this... Any suggestions?

Does this involve a promotion? Perhaps new responsibilities or it was at least based on something impressive you had done? I don't think they would care if you wrote them and said that you now make an extra dollar an hour (or 5k/year or whatever the raise was.) If you have an updated resume you could send that in with a small addendum highlighting whatever is new on there. But if it is seriously just that you make more money now, I would go with the more standard LOCI saying that you are still interested and ready to accept an offer.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Mon May 09, 2011 4:42 pm

h0peful wrote:I too already sent in a LOCI before being notified of waitlist.

I don't know what to say in my second LOCI/update. I haven't had any job/school updates.

I am planning to take the LSAT again in June - should I let them know in case I haven't been taken off the waitlist by July?

save the world

Postby save the world » Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:
save the world wrote:I sent in an LOCI to my top choice waitlisted school - I received a raise and would like to let them know... I'm having difficulty going about this... Any suggestions?

Does this involve a promotion? Perhaps new responsibilities or it was at least based on something impressive you had done? I don't think they would care if you wrote them and said that you now make an extra dollar an hour (or 5k/year or whatever the raise was.) If you have an updated resume you could send that in with a small addendum highlighting whatever is new on there. But if it is seriously just that you make more money now, I would go with the more standard LOCI saying that you are still interested and ready to accept an offer.

So I ended up writing another LOCI, I included that I received a raise and elaborated a little bit on what my accomplishments have been and the impact I've made at my job. I also mentioned my recent participation in a nonprofit relating to the issues that I've expressed a strong interest in. I didn't just mention that I received a raise, but more so on what qualified me for this raise in such a short period of time (I've only been here for 4-5 months). I used that opportunity to further convey my interest in going to the school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”